Poll - Are you starting to allow your children to see friends again?

Are you allowing your children to start seeing friends again?

Hell no, are you crazy?
21%
No, but I’m thinking about it
9%
Yes, as long as they’re 6 ft apart
12%
Yes, we started recently with no restrictions
53%
Yes, they never stopped seeing friends
6%

Total votes: 34
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:39 pm Yes we do. We live in a area with over 1 million people, and total active cases are 159. We had 8 over Saturday and Sunday and 6 of those were LTC homes. DS has played football and road hockey with some friends they keep it under 5 people.
We are in the NCR with over a million people too. Our cases for Thursday to Friday was five and three of them were residential homes, so only two were by community transmission. I am curious where the concentration of provincial cases are coming out of.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:56 pm
highlandmum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:39 pm Yes we do. We live in a area with over 1 million people, and total active cases are 159. We had 8 over Saturday and Sunday and 6 of those were LTC homes. DS has played football and road hockey with some friends they keep it under 5 people.
We are in the NCR with over a million people too. Our cases for Thursday to Friday was five and three of them were residential homes, so only two were by community transmission. I am curious where the concentration of provincial cases are coming out of.
GTA area is where the majority of cases are. That is why they are doing mobile testing starting in Scarborough
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:16 pm
GTA area is where the majority of cases are. That is why they are doing mobile testing starting in Scarborough
How are your bylaw officers there?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:48 pm

I am in the Tri-city area. I have not heard anything about our bylaw officers in a negative way.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:48 pm

I am in the Tri-city area. I have not heard anything about our bylaw officers in a negative way.
I am a big supporter of police, but the bylaw officers here are abusing their power. They have been given special powers under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act which means they can give provincial tickets into the thousands of dollars. Bylaw "officers" and police officers are training and work entirely differently. Police do not have ticket quotas where many municipality bylaws officers do.

To the point, through my community, online and my work, I have heard of many abuses of this power. I have personally seen bylaw officers hiding behind bushes and buildings near playgrounds and parks to see if anyone is even encroaching on the merest of infringements under the EMCP.

Again, I support police, but not this.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, we started baseball last week.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic