How do you celebrate the end of the school year

Anonymous 1

Unread post

with your children?

For those of us who don't normally homeschool, did you do anything special for your kids at the end of the school year?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I usually buy them something (they really only get presents for Christmas or Birthdays) and they get to go to their favorite place for dinner. Although my middle kid caught on and wanted to go to this fine dining place last year... :P
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Past years we've done a celebratory float down the river. The weather has been yuck for the past couple of weeks and my husband has to work everyday until the first of July so my son and I just holed up with Trailer Park Boys marathon and planned our summer vacation for August.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We would have gone out of town and just done whatever we wanted in a bigger place - do some shopping, go out to eat, stay in a nice hotel, whatever. This year we toned it down an lot.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

In the past — once we get his grades, he can choose which theme park we’ll visit during the summer: Disney, Universal, or Legoland.
We’ve been doing that since 2nd* grade, however that won’t be an option this year. (A decision we came to as a family and that he understands)

On his official last day of school there’s going to be a drive by goodbye at his school. I’ll get him a video game he’s really wanted and get takeout from his favorite place. SO and I are still thinking of some other things we can do too.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We never celebrated when they were in a brick and mortar school..Now, I give them a month or so off if they ask for it..this past year, they wanted to start right away after finishing..I, on the other hand said no..we would start after our vacation. We took all of December and part of January off and they started back on 1/27. They will finish in September and they will have time off as Dh and I are *supposed* to go to Europe for 2 weeks in October ( we'll see what happens on that front) and I don't want them doing work while my mom is here with them.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good grade cards are rewarded with a small gift but that's it. My Mom gives my son $50 for A's and B's and $100 for straight A's. He buys whatever with it.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We usually do a vacation to a beach or to one of the theme parks at the end of the school year. For my oldest’s HS graduation this year, we had planned to do a graduation party for her and take her to a nice dinner. We have some presents lined up for her, but obviously it won’t be the same. We had a little at-home prom and graduation for her in our driveway, and friends and family drove by. We will have to do a bigger celebration once things open back up normally.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I watch them throw all their folders and papers in the recycling bin. That's about it.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We are having a graduation dinner for my oldest and we will give plenty of gifts and decorate the house. We are also having some family and friends drive by who are not attending the dinner. My youngest is only going to 4th so his gift will be to go wherever he wants when things open up.
Locked Previous topicNext topic