Why do people think I have to dye my hair?

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm I'm fat. I'm old. I'm sloppy. I'm ugly.

My hair is turning white/gray. So F***ing what? I don't care what I look like. I don't want to dye my hair. My mother, husband and son won't stop talking about how my hair needs dyed. It's my F***ing hair. I don't give a f**k about it. Dying my hair isn't going to make me any less ugly, fat, sloppy or old. What the f**k makes people think women have to dye their hair?
It's the negative attitude you are displaying. You don't have to dye your hair. It isn't a requirement of getting older.

I've had strands of glitter in my hair since I was turning 38. Stress sucks. It's become more prominent as of late. I might have some colour like purple streaks done. But it's by my choice. No one is telling me I need to do it.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 pm My guess is they're concerned because you see yourself as fat sloppy and ugly. So perhaps they think dyeing your hair will make you feel better about yourself. I'm not telling you what to do although I dye my hair. You don't have to. It's a pain once you start. But You might be old and fat but you don't need to be sloppy. I'm fat and middle aged. But it doesn't need to define me. That's the part to address.
You do realize that being fat is a choice you’ve made, correct?
Because you know everything about everyone. Shut up.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd never let myself be sloppy. Why would you want to be sloppy?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 pm My guess is they're concerned because you see yourself as fat sloppy and ugly. So perhaps they think dyeing your hair will make you feel better about yourself. I'm not telling you what to do although I dye my hair. You don't have to. It's a pain once you start. But You might be old and fat but you don't need to be sloppy. I'm fat and middle aged. But it doesn't need to define me. That's the part to address.
Be that as it may it isn't my point. The point is she considers herself ugly. That's what she needs to address. Idk what the people around her think. But it's possible they consider her beautiful and her attitude upsets them. Perhaps her dh wishes she did see herself in a different light. Op doesn't need to dye her hair. I get tired of keeping mine up. But why consider yourself sloppy or ugly?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do what makes you happy.

I stopped dyeing my hair back in the 90’s(I wasn’t grey then). I got into the natural movement and just embraced my hair as it is. I’ve started to get some grey right in the front- la little streak. I’m good with it because it’s actually a pretty grey.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I also face the same comments. I am not sloppy or ugly, just not interested in putting chemicals into my body.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You can have grey hair, be overweight, etc and still take care with your appearance. Some women look fantastic with grey hair. They are probably worried you are depressed because of the sloppy stuff, and that has little to do with your hair color.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s not always as simple as that.

Op, you should do what makes you happy. However, you don’t sound happy at all.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I'm guessing your family thinks you're depressed with low self-esteem. They probably think if you improved your self-esteem your depression would be less.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I plan to just let my hair go gray. I'm not about to start all of that dying crap just because I get old.

Locked Previous topicNext topic