Why do people think I have to dye my hair?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Easy way to boost the self esteem. From there you might not be so sloppy and lose some weight. Or maybe they think it will help them They're the ones stuck looking at you.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 pm My guess is they're concerned because you see yourself as fat sloppy and ugly. So perhaps they think dyeing your hair will make you feel better about yourself. I'm not telling you what to do although I dye my hair. You don't have to. It's a pain once you start. But You might be old and fat but you don't need to be sloppy. I'm fat and middle aged. But it doesn't need to define me. That's the part to address.
You do realize that being fat is a choice you’ve made, correct?
Not correct. You don't know the ops case any more than you know about how people get fat.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's weird they have chosen that to obsess over. My hair is going white, not gray but white. I'm not dyeing it because I'm not interested in the expense or the hassle.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Then tell them to butt out
I dye mine because I like changing the color. If it would go grey I’d leave it, but it’s just enough that I always think there something in my hair

Maybe it’s because of the way you describe yourself that they think you might need a pick me up.

I’m fat, getting old and live in yoga pants
But I try not to be negative about my looks.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I hate the grey in my hair. I hate it so much. My husband and kids say not to worry about it and not to dye it. It makes me upset that they don't care about my feelings about it. I get where you are coming from. It's annoying when people in your life don't care about what you think.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:55 pm I hate the grey in my hair. I hate it so much. My husband and kids say not to worry about it and not to dye it. It makes me upset that they don't care about my feelings about it. I get where you are coming from. It's annoying when people in your life don't care about what you think.
My younger son likes my gray. He says it shines or something. I haven't decided if he truly does or trying to make me happy. But all in all I think if he didn't like it he wouldn't say so. I still dye it and he's still welcome to his opinion.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They shouldn't be telling you to dye your hair if you've made it clear you don't want to. Grey hair is not undesirable. I'm in my 40's and close to 50% grey. I leave it natural. I've actually gotten compliments on how nice the grey looks in my hair.

If I was your family, my concern would be your overall outlook on yourself. Just based on the way you wrote the OP, you sound like you have low self-esteem and low self-worth. That is definitely something to work on improving because no one should have to live with a miserable outlook on themselves. But IMO self-esteem has nothing to do with the color of your hair.
Kikibix
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I've never ever dyed my hair and don't plan to. I've thought about it a few times but once you start it's hard to stop and i'm someone who doesn't like to use a lot of chemicals or unnatural things. So far my greys mostly blend in except for the days when my hair gets dry and some of the hairs turn wiry and stand out.

Maybe try a new hairstyle to better work with your changing hair? Get some new comfy but more stylish outfits? Everyone should feel good about themselves, but also their loved ones shouldn't criticize!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I'm old, skinny and wrinkled. I quit coloring my hair about a year ago. It's not as gray as I thought it would be and most people think it's highlighted.
I love myself just the way I am. A few wrinkles and some gray hair doesn't change my view of myself. Try changing your perception of yourself and lighten up. You are the best friend you'll ever have.
Locked Previous topicNext topic