Board games?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hiya moms! It looks like I'll be stuck at home this summer with two kiddos, ages 9 & 11, we're not used to being housebound and I'm looking for some fun games for us to play as a family. Any recommendations? We have a few of the usual suspects but I'm sick of them already.

(Dropped my phone and hit submit before I was done typing!)
Deleted User 670

Unread post

]Get some 500 piece puzzles. Are these boys or girls? What kind of crafts are they interested in? You can get some round peg looms and yarn and they can make hats scarves and blankets easily. Geocaching is also something fun to do and it'll get you out of the house. https://www.geocaching.com/play

You can also take advantage of that free labor and have them wash the cars, clean out the garage, plant a garden, etc.

Get them to help you redecorate their rooms.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Aggravation is our favorite boardgame.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I went shopping recently for board games and they were all pretty well picked over. I wound up buying chickapig. It's silly sort of but a fun strategy game.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We play a ton of board games/ card games..
Life
Yahtzee
Farkle
Five Crowns
Tsuro
Not Alone
Dragonwood
Sheriff of Nottingham
Sushi Go
Ramen
Clue
Sherlock Holmes
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Pandemic
Lord of the Rings
Sorry
Indigo
and more..
Our girls are 11 ( 12 in August) and 14 ( 15 in November). We play a lot of strategy games now that they are older so we are not stuck with the games geared for younger kids now. We started playing them a couple of years ago and our youngest was able to figure them out quickly.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My girls 15 on Saturday! 😳 and 12 don’t play games with me any more. But my 5 year old niece loves playing with me! Right now her favorites are fancy fashonista and Sorry. Hope you find some you guys like!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:51 pm We play a ton of board games/ card games..
Life
Yahtzee
Farkle
Five Crowns
Tsuro
Not Alone
Dragonwood
Sheriff of Nottingham
Sushi Go
Ramen
Clue
Sherlock Holmes
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Pandemic
Lord of the Rings
Sorry
Indigo
and more..
Our girls are 11 ( 12 in August) and 14 ( 15 in November). We play a lot of strategy games now that they are older so we are not stuck with the games geared for younger kids now. We started playing them a couple of years ago and our youngest was able to figure them out quickly.
If I force mine to play, which is real fun, you know 😂 it’s always Sorry. You’re lucky your girls play with you.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Blokus

Quirkel those two are fun and open ended!
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Scrabble!

And while not a board game, I'm a huge fan of dominoes. Great at sneaking in a little math during game time.

I'm also a fan of gin rummy, also not a board game.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:06 pm Hiya moms! It looks like I'll be stuck at home this summer with two kiddos, ages 9 & 11, we're not used to being housebound and I'm looking for some fun games for us to play as a family. Any recommendations? We have a few of the usual suspects but I'm sick of them already.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:06 pm Hiya moms! It looks like I'll be stuck at home this summer with two kiddos, ages 9 & 11, we're not used to being housebound and I'm looking for some fun games for us to play as a family. Any recommendations? We have a few of the usual suspects but I'm sick of them already.

Sorry
Clue
Survive
Uno (I know..not a board game, but still fun - get 3 or 4 decks so you aren't shuffling every two minutes)
Yahtzee
Apples to Apples
Cathedral (two players only)
Catan (not sure the minimum age on this, but in our house it always ends with someone storming off or shouting, unfortunately)

You can also go outside and have them play outside games (if you -or the state - don't mind having other kids over, these are games better with more people, you be the "caller or mother or whatever....best fun for kids if they can be the fox"

Red Light, Green Light
Mother May I?
What Time is it Mr. Fox?

Are they girls? Introduce them to Cat's Cradle and that whole Chinese Jumprope (oh no! Is that racist?) game (three is needed for that because two are needed to hold the rope with their feet while the other jumps).

Boys? Introduce them to wood whittling (can get a few basics on Amazon inexpensively - books/blocks/knives), woodworking, etc.

If no pool, if you have a yard, get a sprinkler and a slip n slide and you're good to go for outside fun as well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic