So much needless drama

Anonymous 1

Unread post

It was a hectic couple of months for us. DD did everything to disenroll from her charter school and get into a middle college program for her senior year. She then found out she might get an incomplete for English 3 and got frantic about getting into an online college English class through the community college. Then she found out the middle college program would require her to retake high school level classes in American govt and Economics even though she'd gotten As in the college level versions of those classes.

She then freaked out and went through so many stages of grief where she begged me to homeschool her and threatened to drop out. Finally, she talked to the counselor at her homeschool. They'll let her take just one standard high school academic class through them and she can spend the rest of the day taking community college classes. This was the original plan before she got it in her head to leave the school.

So all that drama for nothing.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm so glad my kids were able to do well in school and make good decisions. The level of drama your daughter has caused wouldn't fly with me.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Does she always act over the top like that? Is she always so damn dramatic? That would be exhausting
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My kid is a drama queen too. Zoloft helps the anxiety but not the drama.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol. Glad it’s all figured out.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm Does she always act over the top like that? Is she always so damn dramatic? That would be exhausting
Teenagers are exhausting. All those hormones, limited outlets. It's like living with a toddler who has critical thinking skills and advanced vocabulary. Thank god they can wipe themselves. :lol:
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm Does she always act over the top like that? Is she always so damn dramatic? That would be exhausting
Right? That kind of over the top dramatic behavior wouldn’t fly here for a second. I’d be so over that.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Your reply makes me think you don’t/haven’t had teenage girls. They are dramatic and exhausting by default-some more than others.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:08 pm
Your reply makes me think you don’t/haven’t had teenage girls. They are dramatic and exhausting by default-some more than others.
Okay? My daughter is 15. She was taught long ago that being dramatic and over the top is not allowed.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:47 am
mater-three wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:08 pm
Okay? My daughter is 15. She was taught long ago that being dramatic and over the top is not allowed.
No need to be snippy. I wasn’t that way to you. As I said, some more than others. I’ve a 23 year old that was not that emotional and dramatic as a teen. However, I’ve a 19 year old who is the very definition of drama. They are night and day. That doesn’t mean my girls are over the top but I can certainly understand how some are. It sounds like OP’s dd may have some issues that stretch beyond just a dramatic girl as well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic