So much needless drama

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:08 pm
Emmasmom wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm Does she always act over the top like that? Is she always so damn dramatic? That would be exhausting
Your reply makes me think you don’t/haven’t had teenage girls. They are dramatic and exhausting by default-some more than others.
Trust me some boys aren't much better. I never did it but there were times I wanted to hand my boys a tampon and some Midol. They're not as bad as op's girl thank God. But it was dramatic all the same.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:06 pm I'm so glad my kids were able to do well in school and make good decisions. The level of drama your daughter has caused wouldn't fly with me.

You live for drama or you wouldn't be making comments like that.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:39 am
Emmasmom wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:47 am

Your reply makes me think you don’t/haven’t had teenage girls. They are dramatic and exhausting by default-some more than others.
Okay? My daughter is 15. She was taught long ago that being dramatic and over the top is not allowed.
No need to be snippy. I wasn’t that way to you. As I said, some more than others. I’ve a 23 year old that was not that emotional and dramatic as a teen. However, I’ve a 19 year old who is the very definition of drama. They are night and day. That doesn’t mean my girls are over the top but I can certainly understand how some are. It sounds like OP’s dd may have some issues that stretch beyond just a dramatic girl as well.
You dont need to tell me how to be. If I want to be snippy,I will. You made a judgement of me without knowing anything about me. To me, you deserved a snippy comment. You judged me, I wasn't judging you.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 am
Emmasmom wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:47 am

Okay? My daughter is 15. She was taught long ago that being dramatic and over the top is not allowed.
No need to be snippy. I wasn’t that way to you. As I said, some more than others. I’ve a 23 year old that was not that emotional and dramatic as a teen. However, I’ve a 19 year old who is the very definition of drama. They are night and day. That doesn’t mean my girls are over the top but I can certainly understand how some are. It sounds like OP’s dd may have some issues that stretch beyond just a dramatic girl as well.
You dont need to tell me how to be. If I want to be snippy,I will. You made a judgement of me without knowing anything about me. To me, you deserved a snippy comment. You judged me, I wasn't judging you.
Actually I wasn’t. I was actually trying to make conversation but you turned it into something it wasn’t. Are you always this combative and defensive? That must be miserable. Unlike some in this forum(you included apparently), I come here to have adult conversations with like-minded adults. I’m not into the drama part of this place. With that being said, I’m through replying to your nonsense. It seems to me like the dramatic one is you. Good day.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am
Emmasmom wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm Does she always act over the top like that? Is she always so damn dramatic? That would be exhausting
Trust me some boys aren't much better. I never did it but there were times I wanted to hand my boys a tampon and some Midol. They're not as bad as op's girl thank God. But it was dramatic all the same.
I don’t doubt it. I just don’t have any experience with typical teenage boys. My 16-year-old ds is sn.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:48 am
Emmasmom wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 am

Actually I wasn’t. I was actually trying to make conversation but you turned it into something it wasn’t. Are you always this combative and defensive? That must be miserable. Unlike some in this forum(you included apparently), I come here to have adult conversations with like-minded adults. I’m not into the drama part of this place. With that being said, I’m through replying to your nonsense. It seems to me like the dramatic one is you. Good day.
Actually, you were. You were actually judging my reply and making an assumption out of it instead of asking the age of my child. That wasnt making conversation, it was judging and assuming. And you're doing again. So yes, me being snippy was fine. You continue to judge me and make assumptions. I won't talk to someone who behaves as you do go strangers.
Good day
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have 4 girls – 3 are teenagers and 1 will be soon. I never encouraged or entertained dramatic behavior or the over-the-top attitude OP was describing. I just wouldn’t put up with that. Yes, they are exhausting sometimes, and of course drama happens in a house full of girls, but they are not drama queens to the extent of what OP described. In OP’s previous post, she talked about how her daughter was threatening OP to drop out of school, catastrophizing about the situation, etc. Threats and such dramatic behavior don’t fly in our house.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:57 am
I have 4 girls – 3 are teenagers and 1 will be soon. I never encouraged or entertained dramatic behavior or the over-the-top attitude OP was describing. I just wouldn’t put up with that. Yes, they are exhausting sometimes, and of course drama happens in a house full of girls, but they are not drama queens to the extent of what OP described. In OP’s previous post, she talked about how her daughter was threatening OP to drop out of school, catastrophizing about the situation, etc. Threats and such dramatic behavior don’t fly in our house.
Yep! I taught my daughter from a very young age that that behavior is not allowed.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Like I said to the other poster, I believe OP’s daughter has more going on than just dramatic behavior. And, yes, all girls are dramatic. That doesn’t mean they are all over-the-top but all those hormones are all over the place. I realize that every mom in here have perfect families-or at least they want everyone else to think so. I’ve news. No one does. Good day
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Like I said to the other poster, I believe OP’s daughter has more going on than just dramatic behavior. And, yes, all girls are dramatic. That doesn’t mean they are all over-the-top but all those hormones are all over the place. I realize that every mom in here have perfect families-or at least they want everyone else to think so. I’ve news. No one does. Good day
I thought you wanted to have an adult conversation. I’m not sure why you’re cutting me off when I’m just explaining my point of view, and that not all teenage girls are dramatic to the point of OP’s daughter. Obviously, I recognize that my kids are not perfect, and I never ever stated that they were – I literally admitted that there is drama in our house, just that they are not over-the-top dramatic like what I had read in this post and OP’s other post.
Locked Previous topicNext topic