Wwyd if....

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am I don't have daughters, but if I did I would wonder where I went wrong in the birth control discussion.

However, I wouldn't suggest abortion. I would encourage adoption, or parenting. If she chose parenting (hell even if my boys find themselves in the same position) I would make sure that they availed themselves to all the resources available to help them become the best versions of themselves possible. Part time jobs, child care during school, insurance for the child etc.

If they chose adoption I'd help them find a reputable agency and counselor so that they can be certain of that decision as well.
Some girls just don't. I heard that from a boy I know. And oddly enough what brought on the discussion was a story I mentioned to him about a pregnant teenager. I don't get why the girl wouldn't but they don't. I warned my sons about that.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My older dd I would of been shocked. She dated a girl from early junior year till she went away to college. All of high school due to other reasons she was almost always under direct supervision. If it did happen I would of been upset with myself for not getting the message of birth control thru to her. I never would of suggested abortion but I would of supported any decision she made. My younger dd also dated a girl up until about a year ago when she started dating her current boyfriend. she's a few months shy of her 18th birthday now and is on birth control and is very informed on the subject. She's taught me a few things and Im constantly hearing her give her friends advice. i"m pretty sure it won't happen until she wants it to but in the rare chance it does I again would support any decision she made.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
LindaSmith
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Her body her choice.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Then I guess we would have to deal with it.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would never bring up abortion. Adoption or raising the baby with our help. I would be sad that she was pregnant. We have talked a lot about birth control and how you need two forms of it if you don't want a baby.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

TBH, I think in order for me to say how I would handle the situation, I'd need to be in it.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:53 am Love & support her.
Same. That is when they need our support more than ever. We would support any decision she made and have her back 100%.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:23 am Already have been down this road. Oldest had our grandson her senior year of HS. They are doing great. He's the light of my life.
Just curious how old she is now and is she still with the father and/or is he involved with the child? I would also support my DD but be realistic that at that age the girl and her parents will do most of the care.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldn't have brought up abortion. It would be her decision.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:54 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:23 am Already have been down this road. Oldest had our grandson her senior year of HS. They are doing great. He's the light of my life.
Just curious how old she is now and is she still with the father and/or is he involved with the child? I would also support my DD but be realistic that at that age the girl and her parents will do most of the care.
She turns 28 tomorrow, and he's now 10. Yes, they are still together all this time later, and happy. We were very realistic about them still being together years later, and it might not be a possibility. We watched him while they were at school. They'd come home, and take care of grandson. Both of them graduated HS with honors.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic