Bratty... 🙄

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:18 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:16 pm It would have been nice of her to do it, but to expect it, no. Why couldn't mom do it?
Lol people on this site are ridiculous.

Yes that’s how it works. People are expected to contribute to the family. You don’t get a nice car for free. Her parents are shelling out hundreds a month. The least she can do is drive her sister a few miles away for 5 minutes..... lol wow.

Maybe the girl was low on cash and needed gas money. Even if that's not true, she's not a brat for asking. It doesn't mean she's not appreciative. There was no reason to blow up at the girl.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Maybe she was just joking?
LindaSmith
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Could be at that moment she was actually out of gas and money.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

As a teen I would ask for gas money only if I was low on cash and gas. Therefore if you want me to drive my sibling Mom better fork over some cash for gas because I have no money or gas to drive my sister.

As a parent I occasionally offer gas money to my kids for running errands for me. Not every time but if the kids are low on cash and need gas then I expect them to tell me.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm with you, OP.

We're old school. If DD was legitimately broke and had zero gas, that's fine. I get it.

But if she just insisted we pay for the little gas she's using to take her sibling somewhere, she'll be walking. For a long time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic