Imagine if...

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:51 pm Why would oil companies, has stations and banks be over over that guy kicking the bucket? Maybe a couple days of national mourning (and I’m sure most businesses will be open as usual, maybe Chic-Fil-A will close) but then voila, life will go on.
It’s not like a disease which cannot know if it will get to the point you need lockdowns and quarantines.
mcginnisc wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:25 pm Oh, that’s what this is about? People would start panicking and buying the toilet paper that’s left?
Seriously... I can understand people freaking out over a pandemic. Who knows if production will be halted at some point? Who knows how long lasting and dangerous a disease can get?
If Trump dies, no industry would be in danger of having to stop, life would go on as usual. Maybe it’s hard for those who adore the guy that’s for most people, this would not be that life changing. Some will mourn for a week or so, Pence gets sworn in and life continues as usual. Charmin and Campbell’s will continue as usual.

I just saw in one of OP's replies she talked about making sure the vehicles were fully fueled, cash on hand, etc.. it sounds like panic over supply to me. I'm pretty sure life continued on after Kennedy was shot so I'm pretty sure if something happened to Trump it would continue on as well.
So you believe it to be absolutely outside the realm of possibility that some upheaval could come of such an event? You believe it to be impossible that those who participate in a cult-like following of Trump could form riotous mobs? You believe my Muslim and Latino and Jewish neighbors would be just as safe the day before as the day after?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:43 pm I apologize, as this isn't N&P.

But I'd send strong wishes into the great above, that the Republican party could find someone better & beat good ol' sexual assaulting, early stages of dementia, democratic front runner in November ...
You know, you shouldn't make that kind of assumption about a dementia diagnosis for Trump. It's unfair to people with dementia.

Seriously, though, no one knows if he has dementia and Biden is no spring chicken either.
Lol, I was totally referring to Biden, lol. I actually really do believe he has early dementia, based on some his behavior.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:14 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:43 pm I apologize, as this isn't N&P.

But I'd send strong wishes into the great above, that the Republican party could find someone better & beat good ol' sexual assaulting, early stages of dementia, democratic front runner in November ...
You know, you shouldn't make that kind of assumption about a dementia diagnosis for Trump. It's unfair to people with dementia.

Seriously, though, no one knows if he has dementia and Biden is no spring chicken either.
Lol, I was totally referring to Biden, lol. I actually really do believe he has early dementia, based on some his behavior.

Again, what an insult to people with dementia even if I did misinterpret your first comment lol
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Again, what an insult to people with dementia even if I did misinterpret your first comment lol
Lol, the sad part, is that you can’t tell either political official apart — it describes them both ;)
Anonymous 3

Unread post

True. Pretty scary. Isn't it?
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:23 pm

Lol, the sad part, is that you can’t tell either political official apart — it describes them both ;)
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I have to laugh, otherwise I would cry...
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:27 pm True. Pretty scary. Isn't it?
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:23 pm

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You do realize that Trump dying would “alter the status quo” for like 2 days, right? 🙄
I mean, I understand that for those who worship him it will be life shattering. But for most people, it won’t be that life altering. Life will go back to normal in a couple of days. That won’t alter the status quo in any significant way that you need to go out and stock up on TP.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:41 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:25 pm Oh, that’s what this is about? People would start panicking and buying the toilet paper that’s left?
Seriously... I can understand people freaking out over a pandemic. Who knows if production will be halted at some point? Who knows how long lasting and dangerous a disease can get?
If Trump dies, no industry would be in danger of having to stop, life would go on as usual. Maybe it’s hard for those who adore the guy that’s for most people, this would not be that life changing. Some will mourn for a week or so, Pence gets sworn in and life continues as usual. Charmin and Campbell’s will continue as usual.

I just saw in one of OP's replies she talked about making sure the vehicles were fully fueled, cash on hand, etc.. it sounds like panic over supply to me. I'm pretty sure life continued on after Kennedy was shot so I'm pretty sure if something happened to Trump it would continue on as well.
These are also the things I do before a hurricane or any other anticipated interruption of the status quo. It's far from panicking. The post is to gauge how much folks believe such an event might be disruptive. So far, the majority don't believe it would be very disruptive at all. Thanks for the input.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So what you’re saying is that Trump supporters are really a bunch of zealots and idiots who will become violent against every minority if he dies? Oh, I’m sure some of those zealots will go crazy from the shock. I mean, he’s their messiah, he shouldn’t be able to die, they’ll probably keep watch in his tomb waiting for his rise. Enough crazies that anyone needs to panic and be stocked up on TP and canned goods because the status quo will be altered? Not really. Because most people won’t give a crap if he dies and life will go on as usual.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:51 pm Why would oil companies, has stations and banks be over over that guy kicking the bucket? Maybe a couple days of national mourning (and I’m sure most businesses will be open as usual, maybe Chic-Fil-A will close) but then voila, life will go on.
It’s not like a disease which cannot know if it will get to the point you need lockdowns and quarantines.

So you believe it to be absolutely outside the realm of possibility that some upheaval could come of such an event? You believe it to be impossible that those who participate in a cult-like following of Trump could form riotous mobs? You believe my Muslim and Latino and Jewish neighbors would be just as safe the day before as the day after?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I want to know what even made you think of this.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

What would I need to prepare for? I survived the Kennedy assassination and the Nixon resignation. Plus, considering Trump has refused to wear a mask, him catching the Covid wouldn’t come as a surprise.
Locked Previous topicNext topic