Imagine if...

Deleted User 203

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm
So you believe it to be absolutely outside the realm of possibility that some upheaval could come of such an event? You believe it to be impossible that those who participate in a cult-like following of Trump could form riotous mobs? You believe my Muslim and Latino and Jewish neighbors would be just as safe the day before as the day after?
Oh FFS!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 pm I want to know what even made you think of this.
When we found out he was taking the Plaquenil, my husband and I were like "Oh...so he'll give himself a nice heart attack." And then we were like "Oh no...how's
it going to go of he has a heart attack?"
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We'd have to order party decorations online because Party City is closed but other than that...nothing.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:44 am We'd have to order party decorations online because Party City is closed but other than that...nothing.
Do you think people might take a festive attitude about it like that? Do you think there could be public celebrations?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:58 am
KendallsMom wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:44 am We'd have to order party decorations online because Party City is closed but other than that...nothing.
Do you think people might take a festive attitude about it like that? Do you think there could be public celebrations?
Absolutely. I dislike him. I really do. I don't want to say hate, because I don't want to give him that power over my emotions. But I've heard from many people, all walks of life, who would celebrate his passing, if not worse which I'd rather not say here. These celebrations may not be widespread, but I am positive there will be quite a few.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think there may be some riots by some of his extreme followers. It would be all anyone could talk about for quite some time, whether online or IRL. His death would cause even more division between those celebrating and those mourning.
I’d probably want to take a break from social media.

Other than that, I’d just wait to see what Pence does until the next election.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:43 pm So what you’re saying is that Trump supporters are really a bunch of zealots and idiots who will become violent against every minority if he dies? Oh, I’m sure some of those zealots will go crazy from the shock. I mean, he’s their messiah, he shouldn’t be able to die, they’ll probably keep watch in his tomb waiting for his rise. Enough crazies that anyone needs to panic and be stocked up on TP and canned goods because the status quo will be altered? Not really. Because most people won’t give a crap if he dies and life will go on as usual.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:51 pm Why would oil companies, has stations and banks be over over that guy kicking the bucket? Maybe a couple days of national mourning (and I’m sure most businesses will be open as usual, maybe Chic-Fil-A will close) but then voila, life will go on.
It’s not like a disease which cannot know if it will get to the point you need lockdowns and quarantines.

So you believe it to be absolutely outside the realm of possibility that some upheaval could come of such an event? You believe it to be impossible that those who participate in a cult-like following of Trump could form riotous mobs? You believe my Muslim and Latino and Jewish neighbors would be just as safe the day before as the day after?
I'm not so sure. It would really depend on how his death is handled/reported by his cabinet and the GOP. I can imagine GOP casting doubt on the cause of death or merely stating "it's under investigation". If he dies in October, after mail in/absentee ballots have already been cast, I can imagine the GOP questioning the election and casting suspicion on Democrats for Trump's death. I don't know what that will mean but I do know, at least in my rural area, tensions are super high and people on both sides of the aisle are crazy. We have a fairly large group of people who are looking for a "boogaloo" and it's frightening. If mask wearing is stoking them up, what will the death of Trump do, especially if there as a whiff of blame against the democrats?

There has been a large increase in hate crimes against Asian Americans. If Trump were to die from Covid-19, I think the increase would be significantly higher.

I don't know what would happen, no one does, but I think a certain amount of upheaval in our political process would occur. I don't think there is any way to prepare for it though.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t doubt it for a second. There are extremists on both sides.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:58 am
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I don't know whether or not he's telling the truth, but according to this article, he is no longer taking Plaquenil: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... e-n1214301

"President Donald Trump said he had "just finished" taking a two-week course of the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine..."
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:31 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 pm I want to know what even made you think of this.
When we found out he was taking the Plaquenil, my husband and I were like "Oh...so he'll give himself a nice heart attack." And then we were like "Oh no...how's
it going to go of he has a heart attack?"
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I think there’d be a lot more upheaval if he was interviewed or removed from office, or if he’s charged/convicted of anything after he was in office from some of his supporters. Besides conspiracy theorists, there’s nothing for the average person to get too riled up over about a heart attack.

I think a significant chunk of the GOP would privately breath a sigh of relief that someone more conventional and bland like Pence would take over. Especially those in the purple suburbs where Trump is making them lose support.
Locked Previous topicNext topic