Spice storage?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Have any of you come up with creative or little known spice storage solutions? I've been scouring the internet on and off and I've still found nothing that works for my kitchen. I have tons of spices and I like for them to be accessible.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had spice holders built in on the inside of the cabinet doors. They work well.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

At one point I had all glass baby food jars and painted chalkboard lids in a drawer so they could be easily found, but then I needed more space than what the drawer could hold. I have a cabinet with a plastic stairs, that creates tiered rows, so I can see them all. I dislike all the different containers shapes & sizes, but I do not see a way around it.

Hope you find a method that works for you!
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just have a couple cabinets with a rotating shelf dedicated to spices.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a small shelf above my stove that I use, but they make freestanding rotating spice storage racks.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I bought some plastic drawers that I keep in my pantry. I have pretty much every spice and dry herb you can think of, so that’s a slice saver, plus it keeps them organized.
I bought some similar to this:

I bought four and stacked them on top of each other.
Spices should never be kept on the kitchen counter, they lose potency. They should be stored in cool, dark, dry places.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have something like this.
how-to-make-a-tiered-spice-drawer-insert-10.jpg
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

No I just use those little cabinets above the stove that are hard to reach and see into. The spices fall over as I am rummaging to find what I need. Pain in the ass.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It's funny you should mention this! This is something that I have been contemplating fixing for the past year! I use a LOT of spices (over 50). Right now, I'm a little OK with how I have my spices organized:

I have an upper cabinet that sits immediately next to my stove. That cabinet has three shelves in it and each shelf holds a small lazy susan with spices on them. And they are in alphabetical order! (Yes...I know...OCD behavior. lol) But it works! I do have a small "spillover" of spices in a box in a lower cabinet. I probably shouldn't mess with this system because it really is working.
These little lazy susans (found at BB&B) fit nicely into standard size kitchen cabinets.

But I'm with that other poster who mentioned not liking the spices being of "different sizes." I'd also like it to be that I don't have to open a door each time I want a spice. So...here's what I was in the middle of doing before Covid-19 hit. From a thrift store, I bought a tall shelf (sort of looks like a cross between a bookcase and a bakers shelf). I will be buying (80) 5 oz jars (either BPA-free plastic OR glass ones). I re-did the shelf and will be placing all those jars on the shelves like a candy store set up! (The jars will be labeled on the lid AND on the front).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'd actually like to see that when you're done! I use a ton of spices and seasonings too! In fact I think I have over 100! I used to hate the different sizes/shapes but now that I buy more variety and some "fancy" ones I kind of enjoy the different jars. For now anyway.

I alphabetize mine too! Lol... the basic ones anyway. The mixes and such I have separate.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:24 pm It's funny you should mention this! This is something that I have been contemplating fixing for the past year! I use a LOT of spices (over 50). Right now, I'm a little OK with how I have my spices organized:

I have an upper cabinet that sits immediately next to my stove. That cabinet has three shelves in it and each shelf holds a small lazy susan with spices on them. And they are in alphabetical order! (Yes...I know...OCD behavior. lol) But it works! I do have a small "spillover" of spices in a box in a lower cabinet. I probably shouldn't mess with this system because it really is working.
These little lazy susans (found at BB&B) fit nicely into standard size kitchen cabinets.

But I'm with that other poster who mentioned not liking the spices being of "different sizes." I'd also like it to be that I don't have to open a door each time I want a spice. So...here's what I was in the middle of doing before Covid-19 hit. From a thrift store, I bought a tall shelf (sort of looks like a cross between a bookcase and a bakers shelf). I will be buying (80) 5 oz jars (either BPA-free plastic OR glass ones). I re-did the shelf and will be placing all those jars on the shelves like a candy store set up! (The jars will be labeled on the lid AND on the front).
Locked Previous topicNext topic