Spice storage?

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We have an open shelf with three tiers on the wall next to the stove. I have way too many spices to put them away into a drawer, and we use them daily. Mostly they are similar sized glass jars (Penzey's) but not all and I like having the original labels on the jars. Practicality overrules looks in our kitchen.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My husband used to constantly ask me the same question. So, one day when he did, I asked him to follow me to the garage. When we got there, I pointed to the wall that holds his 50 million screwdrivers. I asked him, which ones of these can we do away with? He hasn't asked me again about my spices. :lol:
highlandmum wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:38 am
highlandmum wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm I have something like this.

how-to-make-a-tiered-spice-drawer-insert-10.jpg
We have at least 60 different spices, so my husband built a spice rack for the pantry door, but even that is not big enough.
My DH hates how many spices I have. He just keeps asking me if I need them all. I just stand there and look at him with a blank stare when he says this. I would love to redo my kitchen and have one of these installed in it

101_01.jpg
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

OP, I just saw this and thought of you, LOL.

IMG_3485.jpg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That totally fits my sense of humour too! Lol, thanks for sharing that!
lauren08 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:35 pm OP, I just saw this and thought of you, LOL.

IMG_3485.jpg
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Spices I buy just get shoved in the cabinet. Spices I dry myself go in glass jars on the counter.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I grow and dry a lot of my own. I really need to get it better organized, too many different size glass jars.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I saw a pic somewhere where the spice jars are in stainless steel with a clear lid and label. They were on the inside of a cabinet door and below the cabinet on the back splash on a magnetic looking ss board.

I think it's called the Culinarian and it's available on AMAZON.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:40 pm I grow and dry a lot of my own. I really need to get it better organized, too many different size glass jars.
That is awesome. I often thought about growing some of my own spices.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am
Lotus wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:40 pm I grow and dry a lot of my own. I really need to get it better organized, too many different size glass jars.

sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint, marjoram, parsley, cilantro, dill etc.. all grow so lovely in pots if you don't have space outside OR your yard isnt set up for it. I am seriously thinking about investing in a macro grow system for my leafy greens. The last three years e choli has been an issue. I am thinking about getting one of these systems.
https://www.city-hydro.com/product-page ... w-system-6 and perhaps sell my overage at the farmers market.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am

sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint, marjoram, parsley, cilantro, dill etc.. all grow so lovely in pots if you don't have space outside OR your yard isnt set up for it. I am seriously thinking about investing in a macro grow system for my leafy greens. The last three years e choli has been an issue. I am thinking about getting one of these systems.
https://www.city-hydro.com/product-page ... w-system-6 and perhaps sell my overage at the farmers market.
Thank you very much for your suggestions. You have given me ideas. :D
Locked Previous topicNext topic