What would you do?

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Daughters friend was trying to get her attention and get her to chat on a messenger app this morning...She wasn't responding so he called her a Mother F***ing Bitch...........what would you have done?

I jumped on messenger and told him to NEVER call my daughter that again......explained to him that first thing in the morning and throughout the day she has to focus on schoolwork and that socializing with friends comes secondary especially since my kid has missing assignments. As for the profanity he apologized and said it's something he does with his friends and they call each other mean things (my eldest confirmed it's the new "Cool" thing to call friends names like trash etc) I told him I understand that is what the kids are all doing these days but I don't appreciate it and the profanity needs to stop and I will go over even with my kid on what is appropriate teasing for friends and what crosses the line but he crossed that line.

TLDR_ I parented my daughter's friends over DM after he called my kid a bitch because she was doing schoolwork instead of chatting with him
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I guess it would depend on the age of my child.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How old are we talking?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I probably would talk to my daughter about it. Doubt I would have yelled at another kid for that.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:29 am How old are we talking?
12. Everyone involved is around 11-12
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

I would let my kid handle it. I would also let her know it isn’t right to call each other names like that, no matter how cool people think it is.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:32 am
leadfoot40 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:29 am How old are we talking?
12. Everyone involved is around 11-12

Then I wouldn't have did anything. She can handle it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If my kids old enough to have messenger, they're old enough to tell him themselves not to speak to them that way, so I wouldn't have really done anything.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I second what the PP said, it depends on the age of the child. If it was a very young child, I probably wouldn’t take it to the other kid, I would send the message to the parents and ask them to talk to their kid.
For tweens and teens I wouldn’t add embarrassment to insult by having mommy fight their battles. I would tell my daughter to tell this kid the appropriate time to contact her. I would tell her that I disapprove of the cursing, and I better don’t see her ever using that kind of language to talk to her friends, but it’s her decision to make on whether to tell him off or not.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would have done the same thing.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic