True or False?

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

A 65 year old man walks into a small grocery store in suburban NY and passes out in an aisle whilst shopping. You go to provide first aid while somebody else calls the 911. He regains consciousness but seems confused.

True or false...you loosen his tie and remove his mask as part of your first aid routine?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Not enough information for me to know.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I would think that you would loosen the tie and remove the mask to help easier breathing.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Ideally he wouldn't have been wearing a mask to begin with. I'll go with true.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Loosen his tie? Yes. Take off his mask? No. Unless he's wearing a N95, a cloth mask isn't going to impede his breathing and it protects those around us while first aid is being given.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:55 pm Ideally he wouldn't have been wearing a mask to begin with. I'll go with true.
Ideally everyone in the US would be wearing a mask.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I say false. I’m only guessing
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm Not enough information for me to know.
This is all the information my daughter had when she made her choice today. I think you should choose.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 pm Loosen his tie? Yes. Take off his mask? No. Unless he's wearing a N95, a cloth mask isn't going to impede his breathing and it protects those around us while first aid is being given.
Since the cdc recommendations say a mask shouldn’t be put on an unconscious I would venture a guess that removing the mask is the right thing to do.
From the CDC website because I know you’re going to argue that you’re right https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... r-faq.html
A7FA8E43-FE86-45A8-ABFC-E37EA9252C90.png
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes I would remove his mask (since cdc recommendations say anyone that’s unconscious or incapacitated shouldn’t wear a mask), check his breathing and relay the information to 911. I’m not certified in CPR so if he’s not breathing that would be where I stopped helping and asked if anyone else could help further or followed the directions of the 911 operator
Locked Previous topicNext topic