I'm not going to take the engagement seriously

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm Did you know that people who live together before they get married have a higher chance of getting divorced? It’s something like a 33% chance higher than those who didn’t. 🤷‍♀️

I've heard people say this before but I've never been able to find the actual statistic published anywhere. Do you have a source for this?
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s crazy. Meeting for the first time on your wedding day sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not something I’d be at all interested in.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Is there a reason why they haven't actually physically met? Religion differences? Cultural ones?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:38 am Is there a reason why they haven't actually physically met? Religion differences? Cultural ones?
It's always one excuse or another. No cultural or religious differences. My sister lives in California and her boyfriend is in South Carolina.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:43 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:38 am Is there a reason why they haven't actually physically met? Religion differences? Cultural ones?
It's always one excuse or another. No cultural or religious differences. My sister lives in California and her boyfriend is in South Carolina.
With all honesty, as weird as this all is, it's not up to you to accept her engagement or her upcoming marriage.

If you don't want to plan the wedding, don't.

But be there for her regardless in other ways.
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:42 pm
SilentNeko wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:34 pm Have they actually had a face to face meeting?
No
Uggg. I hope she has never sent him any money or anything, or else she might be headed for a very rude awakening.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:23 pm Watch 90 day fiance. This is everyone's story.
Lol I thought that too. My girls got me into watching that darn show, grrrr, lol.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:21 pm My sister just got engaged to her long distance boyfriend now "fiance". They have been dating long distance for 3 ish years. He does seem like a nice guy but I'm not going to actually take this engagement seriously until they meet.

My sister wants me to help her with the wedding. She doesn't understand why I am not more happy for her. I told her I'm not going to be involved in planning the wedding.

I can't take any of this seriously enough for that. If they aren't even serious enough to meet up they shouldn't even talk about getting married. The plan is that he will move here but that has been the plan for years.

They don't even truly know each other. Living with someone shows you so much about them even if you spent time together before that.

My sister is upset but she will just have to get over it.
You don't need to take anything seriously, you arent the idiot marrying another idiot
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

So in 3 years they have never met?? Yes this is dumb they are 'engaged'
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Living together isn't a necessity. Having an in person relationship is. Your sister is headed for disaster.
Locked Previous topicNext topic