I'm not going to take the engagement seriously

Anonymous 1

Unread post

LindaSmith wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:35 am Where does he live?
Have they skyped?
Video chatted?

In three years they haven't found a way to meet up?
One lives in California and the other in South Carolina. They FaceTime multiple times a day. There is no doubt he is who he says he is. There are always excuses involved when it comes to them meeting from both sides.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Have they made any moves to begin planning a wedding?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I fully believe you have to see someone in a social environment to really know them. It's also important to see them around the people you care about and to see how they handle difficult situations. Skyping, messaging and phonecalls are no indication of who a person truly is, because that's when they're at their best.

For instance, I thought my MIL was a truly lovely human being....until I met her in person.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:03 pm I fully believe you have to see someone in a social environment to really know them. It's also important to see them around the people you care about and to see how they handle difficult situations. Skyping, messaging and phonecalls are no indication of who a person truly is, because that's when they're at their best.

For instance, I thought my MIL was a truly lovely human being....until I met her in person.
oh yeah... way easier to suppress your true colors and fudge who you are over the phone. IRL is when you get a real sense of who a person is because they can't hide their true self forever.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The issue isn’t the living together. In fact, people who live together before marriage have a higher probability of getting divorced. The issue is they’ve never met face to face, which probably has kept their romanticized ideas going on instead of making their relationship real. There’s a chance that once they meet, the relationship may fizzle out.

However, they don’t need your approval, she just needs your support. You don’t have to agree with what she’s doing, but you can certainly be supportive.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic