Craziest IRL interaction with a stranger

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The only one for me, and it’s possible there’s more I just don’t remember, was the old guy accusing me of being on SNAP and ‘how nice it must be’.

Oh and I guess the people who rolled their eyes at my cart (start of covid) because it was full. I have a large family and we are rural, it’s not like I can just run to the store if we forget something.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:12 am
mater-three wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:51 am The only one I can think of is a time my dh, ds, and I were at Walmart(shocker). Our ds has low-functioning, non-verbal autism with global delays. Anyway, when you see ds it’s very obvious that he is not like other kids his age. At this time, he was still small enough to sit in the buggy. We were at the clothing aisle looking for something and this man walked up to us and started accusing us of serving the devil. The reason was because of ds. “God gives people like that to parents who are not right with him. You all need to get right with God and he will make this child normal again. He punished you for straying away from him.” (Paraphrased)

We were in so much shock that someone would say such a thing that all we did was walk away without a word. I wish he hadn’t caught me so off-guard. I would have given him a piece of my mind. Damn Bible-Belt crazies(Disclaimer:I don’t use this expression to describe all Christians in the Bible Belt just the loony ones)!
I would have said "Well then obviously your Mama ain't right with God cause He gave her you!" and walked off lol.
I should have said that and much more. Like I said, I was just so shocked that someone had the balls(maybe he doesn’t have balls and he uses this to compensate) to say such a thing. I was completely flabbergasted. Haha
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Kikibix wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:40 pm The man behind the counter started chatting with me and saying how he and his wife had been trying to have a baby and now were desperate to adopt and did I know anyone who was in a situation to give up a child! I got out of there fast and all the way home was scared of being followed.
Years ago, a similar thing happened to me. I was pregnant and sitting sipping a coffee in a restaurant. A man plonked himself down at my table and and asked outright if I was going to keep the baby...

I wasn't going to, but I wasn't about to discuss my plans about the baby or anything else with this guy.
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:30 pm We were shopping for a new toilet and this random guy, not even an employee, comes up to us and starts discussing low flow toilets. Dh was nice but clear we weren’t interested for the first 5 minutes. Then he finally says “Listen Mr. I take really big shots and want them to go down on the first flush”

Then another time this guy behind us in line starts making conversation. It comes up that we just bought our house. He asks how much we paid. Dh gave some vague answer about it was a good price and this guy starts guessing numbers and getting excited like he’s on a game show or something. It was just so weird.
That's insane. This happened about 28 years ago. I was driving down a 4 lane road and stop at a stop light. A guy on the side of the road yelled at me asking me how much I paid for my car. I was driving a 90's Hyundai Excel 4 door. Nothing fancy or sporty. Just a compact sedan.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm When my oldest was about 5 I was driving with him buckled in the backseat. We were driving southbound on a highway that's 3 lanes on either side and has traffic lights sporadically placed along the street.
I was in a little Honda Civic at the time and I was originally in the middle lane. I needed to get into the left lane so I put on my blinker and glance over my left shoulder and there's a big white truck (think 'I have a small penis, so let me get this giant truck to make up for it') with this 30 something man in it. He immediately speeds up and gets into my blind spot. So I turn off my blinker and continue driving in the middle lane and he drifts back to where I can get over. So I try to get over again and he again speeds up and gets to right were I can't make the lane change without causing an accident. We do this several times before i finally get fed up, the lane in front of him is open so I swing over there and speed up trying to get away from him.
He starts chasing me down the street, honking and flashing his lights at me. We finally meet at a traffic light and he does that whole roll your window down I want to yell at you. So because I want to yell at him too I open my passenger window and we get into this screaming match. He sees my son buckled up in the back seat and he starts screaming at me for driving like that with a kid in the car. I scream back that I tried several times to get over with my damn blinker on but he decided that he was going to be an asshole and not let me over. He said something about me needing to listen to a man. I said something like Don't F***ing tell me what to do. I don't tell you how to blow your boyfriend do I?

lmao. The asshole turns bright red. The light turns green. I flick him off and drive off. He didn't follow me after that.

I haven't thought about that in years. lol
What a great example you set for your son... let's get in a screaming, cursing match with a stranger and throw a homophobic comment in there.
It's an important skill to stand up for yourself and tell off assholes. She was a great example.
jocarpenter101
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I once had a stranger tell me that dd11 looked like a 'perfect chubby cherub'. I wasn't sure whether to offended or not.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I was loading my groceries in the back of my suv when this old dude sidles up to me and asks me if I wanna know something. He then just starts talking nonsense. I finally ask him if he wants my cart, praying he'll take it and go away.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well I've had all kinds of weird things happen over the years.

Last year flagging the PNW marathon. Start of the morning. Had this lady who was driving behind the runners honking her horn at them and yelling. I go up to her, and kindly ask her to not honk at the runners. She starts on a tirade about how sharing the road works both ways. BTW...the area where this takes place. The residents of the town are given many heads up that the race is taking place, and on what date.

This last Sunday had a guy while doing my 5k end up driving around and pop up wherever I walked. First time I saw him was several blocks away. I was minding my own business, walking, and jamming out to my music. No idea what he wanted. I wouldn't ever stop to talk to him.

Back when I had my paper route had some dude ride by on his bike slowly. He stopped on the sidewalk as I was delivering to one of my customers. He had his radio blaring at 3 am and tried to say something to me. But I ignored him, got into the passenger seat of my car, and hubby drove off. Finishing up my route, hubby was cruising along because I had a stretch of four houses right next to each other that were customers. The weird bike guy shows up again. He asks me if hubby who is in the car is bothering me (he already knew we were together). Told him no, and continued my deliveries. Later that morning the first person I was delivering to when bike guy showed up called to complain about the music noise. When I explained what happened. He freaked out, told me I should have woke him up, and told him I was in trouble.

Couple months ago before everything shut down. Went with bestie up north for a gig. I was mainly watching the band because my back was hurting a bit. So didn't dance as much as usual. Had this guy come up to our table behind ours, and the older gentleman zeroed in on me. And tried to become semi possessive of me, despite me showing no interest in him in that "way". My sweater was also shoulder baring a tiny bit. He kept trying to adjust it. Finally he says to me "Listen to me, I am your father". I grabbed my beer and walked out into the smokers section. Bestie gave him an earful. When I came back in, he was long gone.

Last story...

Another gig years ago when hubby was still alive and playing. We were at a bar. This guy asked me to dance. I said sure. Immediately he asked about going home with him to hook up. Told him no, and pointed to hubby playing on stage. Didn't seem to stop the guy from still trying to get me to go home with him. At the end of the night he was out behind the bar where the drummer was standing. He said something to the drummer about me. As I walked back inside to get away I heard the drummer say.. "Dude! That's the guitar player's wife". He was gone after that when I went back outside to help load gear.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I had my son at 17. While I was pregnant, I worked in a restaurant. There was a couple that came in, once. While I was taking their order they asked me my plans for college and mentioned how much I looked like the wife. I was always friendly and had no problem talking with them as they seemed like genuinely nice people.
Before they left they offered to adopt my baby and give me compensation.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Remembered another interaction with a stranger in 2010. Hubby was playing a gig in a small town. There was this gentleman outside the bar who was very drunk. Bestie and I saw him with his keys. So we asked him if he was going to drive, and then try to figure out a cab for him. He said no, that he lived up the street from the bar. Next thing we know. He's trying to hand us his wallet. He did that several different times. And before anyone asks...we arrived at the gig in style. A friend of ours refurbishes tour buses and drove us to the gig in an old tour bus.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic