If your house/car was egged and you knew who did it, would you press charges?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I'd press charges without hesitation.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yep 100% no questions asked.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would contact the child's parents and make them aware of what he has been saying. i wouldn't press charges unless after alerting them, he still followed through with it and then refused to clean it up and pay for any damage.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:12 pm For the fact he's trying to force my dd into anything he'd consider himself lucky if reporting him was all I did. I'd be tempted to send this biker looking guy I know over to his house for a come to Jesus meeting. Yes probably a bad idea but I'd be tempted.
Oh yeah, this, all day.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Lmao no.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

How did he 'force' your DD to go back out with him? When that was happening I would have made a police report. Perhaps the police going to this young mans house and speaking with the parents would have helped and put a stop to it way back then. Make the police aware of his threats.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably not.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If he hadn’t made the threat no. However I would simply due to worry that his behavior would escalate. Good luck!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:48 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:39 pm my daughters ex boyfriend is threatening to egg our house. He broke up with her 4 months ago and tried to force her to go back out with him but she said not. He's 16, she's 15. He text a friend of both of theirs and said he's going to egg our house. Would you press charges against him if he did it?
I absolutely would press trespassing and vandalism charges. The shithead would have to climb our fence and be videotaped doing it. Then I would hire a company to clean it up and sue his parents for the cost
We don't have a fence or a video tape. But I do have the messages saying he's and his one friend are planning on doing it. Well see if he actually does.
That would not be enough, unfortunately.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In Canada we can't "press charges," as only the police can lay or recommend a charge be laid. My very first action would be to talk to the parents.

Speaking from a legal standpoint, unless there was real property damage and not just inconvenient cleaning, the courts would likely dismiss the case as frivolous anyway.
Locked Previous topicNext topic