True or False?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have no idea what the laws/regulations are like in New York concerning masks. I wouldn't think to loosen someone's neck tie unless it seemed tight.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm Not enough information for me to know.
This is all the information my daughter had when she made her choice today. I think you should choose.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hell yes!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 pm Loosen his tie? Yes. Take off his mask? No. Unless he's wearing a N95, a cloth mask isn't going to impede his breathing and it protects those around us while first aid is being given.
Maybe not for you but for some people a cloth mask does impede their breathing. Just because you're fine with it doesn't make it so for everyone else.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If he's having difficulty breathing I would remove the mask.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it would true, but I’m not sure.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:42 pm A 65 year old man walks into a small grocery store in suburban NY and passes out in an aisle whilst shopping. You go to provide first aid while somebody else calls the 911. He regains consciousness but seems confused.

True or false...you loosen his tie and remove his mask as part of your first aid routine?
I would loosen the tie and keep the person still until medical help arrives. I would keep the injured person lying down and quiet, with the head and shoulders slightly elevated. Im not a nurse but I think you shouldnt move the person unless necessary, and avoid moving the person's neck.
I would watch for changes in breathing and alertness. If the person shows no signs of no breathing, coughing or movement, I would remove the mask and begin CPR chest compressions only
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

True
1) Check scene safety & yell for someone to call 911.
2) Check for breathing & pulse (I can't check for breathing efficiently with a mask on).
3) Start CPR, rescue breathing if needed.

If the man had already regained consciousness and was speaking by the time I arrived though, I would leave the mask in place.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 pm If he's having difficulty breathing I would remove the mask.
We don't know why he went down in the first place, so breathing related concerns have not been ruled out.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

True.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:16 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 pm If he's having difficulty breathing I would remove the mask.
We don't know why he went down in the first place, so breathing related concerns have not been ruled out.
Don't know. But CDC recommends no mask for those with breathing problems. If they're unconscious one could assume that counts I think. Ever try to breath through an N95? They're somewhat restrictive. So I'd keep mine on and remove his.
Locked Previous topicNext topic