LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:49 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm True
1) Check scene safety & yell for someone to call 911.
2) Check for breathing & pulse (I can't check for breathing efficiently with a mask on).
3) Start CPR, rescue breathing if needed.

If the man had already regained consciousness and was speaking by the time I arrived though, I would leave the mask in place.
You would not do rescue breathing in this situation.
Yes, he regained consciousness, so rescue breathing is not indicated, but my initial evaluation stands.

I would personally start rescue breathing if he was not breathing, but has a pulse. That is standard BLS policy per the AHA. And rates of COVID are relatively low in our area. But I respect your decision to do otherwise.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would assume yes to facilitate easier breathing. But I’m not sure.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:36 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:13 pm True
1) Check scene safety & yell for someone to call 911.
2) Check for breathing & pulse (I can't check for breathing efficiently with a mask on).
3) Start CPR, rescue breathing if needed.

If the man had already regained consciousness and was speaking by the time I arrived though, I would leave the mask in place.
Yes, he regained consciousness, so rescue breathing is not indicated, but my initial evaluation stands.

I would personally start rescue breathing if he was not breathing, but has a pulse. That is standard BLS policy per the AHA. And rates of COVID are relatively low in our area. But I respect your decision to do otherwise.
You would not do rescue breathing during CPR in this situation even if he wasn't breathing, it was a witnessed collapse and he is not a child. You really should get certified or recertified because that hasn't been standard procedure in a while. Please educate yourself instead of spreading false and harmful information.

You should respect my decision to do the correct thing.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:22 pm

You would not do rescue breathing during CPR in this situation even if he wasn't breathing, it was a witnessed collapse and he is not a child. You really should get certified or recertified because that hasn't been standard procedure in a while. Please educate yourself instead of spreading false and harmful information.

Oddly enough I just got re-certified in BLS, ACLS and PALS in February. Guess They let me slip through, lol.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Oddly enough I just got re-certified in BLS, ACLS and PALS in February. Guess They let me slip through, lol.
And they didn't talk about hands only CPR? Either you went somewhere shady or you are lying. You should get properly trained.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:58 pm

And they didn't talk about hands only CPR? Either you went somewhere shady or you are lying. You should get properly trained.
My dd is CPR trained for Lifeguarding and the other one is CPR trained for babysitting. Both of them said you would do breathing and compressions.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:01 pm

My dd is CPR trained for Lifeguarding and the other one is CPR trained for babysitting. Both of them said you would do breathing and compressions.
According the the AHA you would not do breathing in this situation. If you witness a collapse it is hands only unless it is a child. Hands only is just as effective.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think you read or skimmed a little quickly, I said, rescue breathing WITH A PULSE, if I have NO pulse, that would be different algorithm.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:25 pm

I think you read or skimmed a little quickly, I said, rescue breathing WITH A PULSE, if I have NO pulse, that would be different algorithm.
It is hands only in either situation and no breaths. Hands only feeling for the pulse
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:37 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:25 pm
It is hands only in either situation and no breaths. Hands only feeling for the pulse
Ok, we just are not communicating clearly. We are talking about completely different things. I think you think I am talking about starting to breath for someone during CPR or during the 5-10 second assessment phase which is NOT what I am saying at all.

It’s OK. I am glad you are certified and confident in BLS, as am I. Fast response for EMS, defibrillation and adequate chest compressions are the most important pieces and For majority of adults and I respect that as it improves outcomes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic