Everyone Needs To Re-Accept Our Terms, Privacy Policy, and Cookies

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You won’t be able to post until you re-accept our terms of service, privacy policy, and cookie policy. All of these agreements should have been accepted when you first signed up on the site. If you would like to read over them again here are the links.

TOS: https://momconfessions.net/terms-of-service-updated

Privacy Policy: https://momconfessions.net/privacy-policy-updated

Cookie Policy: https://momconfessions.net/privacypolicy/policy

Guidelines: https://momconfessions.net/rules

ETA: Make sure that you accept the cookies pop up or you might not be able to post.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Skylarcat1978
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I Accept
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

From wikipedia:

The first web beacons were small digital image files that were embedded in a web page or email. The image could be as small as a single pixel, and could be of the same color as the background, or completely transparent (thus the name “tracking pixel”). When a user opens the page or email where such an image was embedded, they might not see the image, but their web browser or email reader would automatically download the image, requiring the user's computer to send a request to the host company's server, where the source image was stored. This request would provide identifying information about the computer, allowing the host to keep track of the user.

Once a company can identify a particular user, the company can then track that user's behavior across multiple interactions with different websites or web servers. As an example, consider a company that owns a network of websites. This company could store all of its images on one particular server, but store the other contents of its web pages on a variety of other servers. For instance, each server could be specific to a given website, and could even be located in a different city. But the company could use web beacons to count and recognize individual users who visit different websites. Rather than gathering statistics and managing cookies for each server independently, the company can analyze all this data together, and track the behavior of individual users across all the different websites, assembling a profile of each user as he or she navigates in these different environments.

You've asked us to accept this.

Could you please explain why, and to what use this tracking is going to be put? Who is on the other end, finding about us?
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s written out more descriptively in the privacy policy. Basically the site uses cookies to keep you logged in and is needed for certain functions to work properly. The ads that we serve are also using their own cookies. Cookies can be turned off through your web browser but be aware that certain functions on the site like staying logged in may not work properly.

“Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Momconfessions.net uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Google is one of a third-party vendor on our site. It also uses cookies, known as DART cookies, to serve ads to our site visitors based upon their visit to momconfessions.com and other sites on the internet. However, visitors may choose to decline the use of DART cookies by visiting the Google ad and content network Privacy Policy at the following URL – https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
Our Advertising Partners
Some of advertisers on our site may use cookies and web beacons. Our advertising partners are listed below. Each of our advertising partners has their own Privacy Policy for their policies on user data. For easier access, we hyperlinked to their Privacy Policies below.
Google
https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
SheMedia
https://pmc.com/privacy-policy/

I took that from our privacy policy.

Aletheia wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:07 am From wikipedia:

The first web beacons were small digital image files that were embedded in a web page or email. The image could be as small as a single pixel, and could be of the same color as the background, or completely transparent (thus the name “tracking pixel”). When a user opens the page or email where such an image was embedded, they might not see the image, but their web browser or email reader would automatically download the image, requiring the user's computer to send a request to the host company's server, where the source image was stored. This request would provide identifying information about the computer, allowing the host to keep track of the user.

Once a company can identify a particular user, the company can then track that user's behavior across multiple interactions with different websites or web servers. As an example, consider a company that owns a network of websites. This company could store all of its images on one particular server, but store the other contents of its web pages on a variety of other servers. For instance, each server could be specific to a given website, and could even be located in a different city. But the company could use web beacons to count and recognize individual users who visit different websites. Rather than gathering statistics and managing cookies for each server independently, the company can analyze all this data together, and track the behavior of individual users across all the different websites, assembling a profile of each user as he or she navigates in these different environments.

You've asked us to accept this.

Could you please explain why, and to what use this tracking is going to be put? Who is on the other end, finding about us?
🤓The Admin 🤓
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

I accept.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Shit I thought I was losing it lol. I accept.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve accepted
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I accept
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
cgd5112