Changes to the Forum!

12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You may have noticed that a lot of the styles are gone. We now only have ProSilver, Milk V2, Absolution, and H2O.

I also have an auto lock on posts that are over 90 days on so those posts will be locked and can’t be bumped anymore. If you want to share an old post you can find it and then share the link but it can no longer be commented on.

I added the search bar but it’s still a work in progress, there’s an error showing so I’m trying to figure that out. I don’t think anyone can see it yet and if you can at the moment it’s only able to be seen on prosilver and absolution on desktop. It’s not working yet anyway but once it is then I’ll move it so it’s where everyone can use it.

Old members are deactivated and are in the process of being deleted. If you are locked out of your account or it says your account is deactivated, please message me so I can reactivate it.

I found out another big database issue is attachments, try to use

Code: Select all

[img] insert image link [/img]
when inserting an image found on the web. This keeps the image from being uploaded onto the database. You can also use imgur to upload images from your phone or desktop if you want. Everything done on the forum is stored in the database so if you upload an image using the attachment tab, even if you don’t make the post or remove the attachment from the post, it still stays in the database. I’m emptying out an abandoned image table now that I didn’t realize we had and it has 49 pages of images that were uploaded as attachments but never posted in a topic/comment. Keep that in mind when you create a post 😊

I’ll be doing a lot of maintenance over the next week or so. You might see the site speed up, slow down, go wonky, etc. If you find yourself running into any errors, let me know on discord if you can because I can usually get the message in real time.

I also switched over to Cloudflare for optimization and for a cdn. If you are running into issues accessing the site, please let me know because it might have something to do with Cloudflare.

Also, once again if you have any experience at all with websites even if it’s old experience or you are just learning and want to help, let me know!

Thanks for being so patient while things are being worked on. This site is constantly changing and evolving which I know can be frustrating so thanks for hanging in there as we approach 2 years of being live ❤️

ETA: I realized this was really long and full of stuff you might not understand so I tried to bold, highlight, and underline the important stuff 😊
🤓The Admin 🤓
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You're awesome! Thank you for all you do for us Skip!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you for everything you do for us, you are the best.
I don't understand the techy speak but if we do see an error or anything weird, do want us to take a screen shit?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:30 am Thank you for everything you do for us, you are the best.
I don't understand the techy speak but if we do see an error or anything weird, do want us to take a screen shit?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You win the internet today! World's best typo! 💩💩💩
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:30 am Thank you for everything you do for us, you are the best.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You win the internet today! World's best typo! 💩💩💩
😂😂😂😂
Shoot, I cant even use the excuse of having fat fingers, lol. I type too fast and dont proof 😱😱😱
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes lol
🤓The Admin 🤓
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ok Skip,
I just looked out of curiousity because I do sometimes add a photo from my chromebook as an attachment and I do not see any other way besides attachments. I rarely use mobile so help a girl out?? I went to full editor and the only thing I see is attachments. Am I missing something?
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you use imgur you don’t even have to do that, just post the link and it will share your image or album.

Here’s another tutorial that Moo made in the beginning that’s more in-depth.
https://momconfessions.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=369
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:24 am Ok Skip,
I just looked out of curiousity because I do sometimes add a photo from my chromebook as an attachment and I do not see any other way besides attachments. I rarely use mobile so help a girl out?? I went to full editor and the only thing I see is attachments. Am I missing something?
🤓The Admin 🤓
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:36 am

If you use imgur you don’t even have to do that, just post the link and it will share your image or album.

Here’s another tutorial that Moo made in the beginning that’s more in-depth.
https://momconfessions.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=369
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:24 am Ok Skip,
Cool! Thanks! I wondered if that was the icon you were talking about.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Thanks for all you do!

I miss my latte layout though 🤣🤣🤣🤣 but I'm happy the search feature will be back! Keep on rocking it 💪
Locked Previous topicNext topic