The dayshift ER nurses just worked 24 hours straight

Anonymous 1

Unread post

with no lunch break during a pandemic causing many people to die form this highly contagious virus!!! The pizza I shoved in my mouth took maybe 6 minutes. That was at 330pm... I used my cellphone so family members could say good bye to their loved ones I knew would not make it. All day We weresuper busy. Then.... this happened. Our night shift was told to leave after refusing to accept a dangerously understaffed assignment. For 24 hours dayshift stayed and worked... and nobody came in to help us. NOBODY!!!!! And night shift was right to refuse to come out because help NEVER came!!!! Now I’m home. Shaking inside at the fact I was just trapped in a COVID filled area wearing the same PPE for 24 hours!!!! My face raw from the mask I wore for 24 hours!!!! My immune system low because my body is running on empty. Myself at risk for catching this deadly virus now more then ever... I had multiple ICU patients for 24 hours!!!! Literally triple checking everything I did so I didnt make mistake cause I was so tired. Terrified to make a mistake!!!! These patients are so sick. This virus is DEADLY. I’m so angry. I can’t believe during a pandemic with a deadly virus killing so many people I have been forced to endure this. We support our night shift fully. We stayed to take care of our patients, bound by an oath that we took. And they sat in to make sure our patients were safe too!!! They asked for help. They were told no help was coming and to leave or accept the assignment. It makes me so sad to know that so many years of combined experience walked out that door on night shift. It wasn’t a group of new nurses. It WAS THE CORE OF NIGHTSHIFT!!!! I’m so angry and upset I can’t even sleep. I can’t believe after 15 years for the same company I have to look for a job during a pandemic. I cant believe I’m afraid to go back to work because I may have to stay again. Where is the leadership. Why wasn’t everyone with a RN next to their name working!!!! We are gonna have the worst PTSD from this. Smh. Our patients in Detroit MI deserve better!!!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If this isn't a troll post. The press needs to hear about this. Send an email to your local news station.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Speaking of Detroit, whatever happened to D-Town?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Not really sure if this is a troll or someone actually in this crap show. But here is the link to The Detroit Free Press story. Know someone across the border in a Windsor hospital who told me about it.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/health ... 953385001/
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sure uh huh.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Does anyone live in these pandemic stories?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Six million unemployed. You'd think some of them could be quickly trained in basic patient care. No I wouldn't expect a CNA to run a ventilator but certainly bathing or even sitting with patients to observe them shouldn't be beyond them. Or they could restock, scribe for nurses and perform other tasks. Don't want them exposed? Have them work with non-convid 9 patients then. While I'm sure this is a troll post hospitals may need to start thinking proactive.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:29 am If this isn't a troll post. The press needs to hear about this. Send an email to your local news station.
The local news stations have already been talking about it
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seems we suddenly have a lot of nurses on this site. And they're all working in "hot zones".
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Stories like this make it even more difficult to take nurses seriously. Or maybe that was what you were going for. I know people, my husband included, who work in very dangerous jobs for 24 plus hours regularly. The constant whining from nurses has gotten old.
Locked Previous topicNext topic