Someone explain this logic to me...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

When my daughters were younger (16/17/18), I didn’t have an issue with them sleeping at their boyfriend’s house or the boyfriend sleeping at our place. I don’t understand the mentality of I don’t allow it because I’m not ready to be a grandma. Like... you do realize that they’re going to find a way to have S*x no matter what if that’s what they want to do, right? My mom never let my boyfriend and I hang out at each other’s houses, much less sleep there. We would do it in the car, at friends’ houses, Etc. I just don’t really understand this logic. FWIW, my daughters are all grown now and were not teen moms before anyone comes for me, lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:27 am When my daughters were younger (16/17/18), I didn’t have an issue with them sleeping at their boyfriend’s house or the boyfriend sleeping at our place. I don’t understand the mentality of I don’t allow it because I’m not ready to be a grandma. Like... you do realize that they’re going to find a way to have S*x no matter what if that’s what they want to do, right? My mom never let my boyfriend and I hang out at each other’s houses, much less sleep there. We would do it in the car, at friends’ houses, Etc. I just don’t really understand this logic. FWIW, my daughters are all grown now and were not teen moms before anyone comes for me, lol.
Attachments
tenor (7).gif
tenor (7).gif (558.13 KiB) Viewed 708 times
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:27 am When my daughters were younger (16/17/18), I didn’t have an issue with them sleeping at their boyfriend’s house or the boyfriend sleeping at our place. I don’t understand the mentality of I don’t allow it because I’m not ready to be a grandma. Like... you do realize that they’re going to find a way to have S*x no matter what if that’s what they want to do, right? My mom never let my boyfriend and I hang out at each other’s houses, much less sleep there. We would do it in the car, at friends’ houses, Etc. I just don’t really understand this logic. FWIW, my daughters are all grown now and were not teen moms before anyone comes for me, lol.
Nope, just don’t feel the need to be an overbearing helicopter parent. I raised responsible young adults who make smart choices, and they were all on birth control.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I don't understand your line of thinking. I didn't have S*x until college. I don't believe high school kids are ready for S*x and should not be having S*x. We should not give our kids even the slightest idea that S*x at that age is ok. And that means no sleepovers. I find it hard to believe that the boys' parents didn't have an issue with your line of thinking. Not every teen girl is like you were.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And I don’t understand the “logic” of “I may as well let them do it because they’ll do it anyway”. It’s pure BS. I raise my kids with both rules and values and the thing about that is they have to be consistent. That’s what my parents did and I didn’t have S*x until marriage. They didn’t have to be helicopter parents, in fact, they were quite lax in that department. But their teachings got through.
Maybe you don’t know how to make your teachings and your discipline consistent so you just use the BS excuse of “they’ll do it anyway” to wash your hands of the whole issue.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 am I don't understand your line of thinking. I didn't have S*x until college. I don't believe high school kids are ready for S*x and should not be having S*x. We should not give our kids even the slightest idea that S*x at that age is ok. And that means no sleepovers. I find it hard to believe that the boys' parents didn't have an issue with your line of thinking. Not every teen girl is like you were.
Eh, as the mother of two teenage daughters, I’m not going to bury my head in the sand and act like they’re not going to have S*x. No, not all teens do, but MANY do, and I’m not going to act like my kids are holier than thou. The average age for first time having S*x is actually quite young. I don’t think having S*x at 17/18 is particularly harmful imo.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You ladies make no sense. You bashed the woman who didn’t let her 19 y/o go sleep at her boyfriend’s house but then you bash women who do allow it. As if when they get to a certain age, it just magically changes? Where do you draw the line? The day before their 18th birthday they can’t sleep over but the day of, they can? Smh. 🤦‍♀️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 am I don't understand your line of thinking. I didn't have S*x until college. I don't believe high school kids are ready for S*x and should not be having S*x. We should not give our kids even the slightest idea that S*x at that age is ok. And that means no sleepovers. I find it hard to believe that the boys' parents didn't have an issue with your line of thinking. Not every teen girl is like you were.
Eh, as the mother of two teenage daughters, I’m not going to bury my head in the sand and act like they’re not going to have S*x. No, not all teens do, but MANY do, and I’m not going to act like my kids are holier than thou. The average age for first time having S*x is actually quite young. I don’t think having S*x at 17/18 is particularly harmful imo.
You're not winning any mother of the year tropies.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Ok
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Meh..

I'm not going to make it easy for her by supplying the room to f*ck in.
Locked Previous topicNext topic