Someone explain this logic to me...

Anonymous 3

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:30 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 am I don't understand your line of thinking. I didn't have S*x until college. I don't believe high school kids are ready for S*x and should not be having S*x. We should not give our kids even the slightest idea that S*x at that age is ok. And that means no sleepovers. I find it hard to believe that the boys' parents didn't have an issue with your line of thinking. Not every teen girl is like you were.
Eh, as the mother of two teenage daughters, I’m not going to bury my head in the sand and act like they’re not going to have S*x. No, not all teens do, but MANY do, and I’m not going to act like my kids are holier than thou. The average age for first time having S*x is actually quite young. I don’t think having S*x at 17/18 is particularly harmful imo.
You're not winning any mother of the year tropies.
Ok and? That’s what works for me and my kids. Just because you do things differently doesn’t reflect poorly on my ability to parent. But thanks for your concern 🤗
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:58 am You ladies make no sense. You bashed the woman who didn’t let her 19 y/o go sleep at her boyfriend’s house but then you bash women who do allow it. As if when they get to a certain age, it just magically changes? Where do you draw the line? The day before their 18th birthday they can’t sleep over but the day of, they can? Smh. 🤦‍♀️
Teens that weren't raised with family values/morals, self respect or good role models will have S*x in their teen years.The rest put the education first and dont let their libido rule their life. But more importantly, my dd's and ds's would never disrespect us by having S*x in our home.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:35 am

Eh, as the mother of two teenage daughters, I’m not going to bury my head in the sand and act like they’re not going to have S*x. No, not all teens do, but MANY do, and I’m not going to act like my kids are holier than thou. The average age for first time having S*x is actually quite young. I don’t think having S*x at 17/18 is particularly harmful imo.
Ok and? That’s what works for me and my kids. Just because you do things differently doesn’t reflect poorly on my ability to parent. But thanks for your concern 🤗
Nobody is going to agree with you. In fact most moms like you who had S*x as teens realise that they weren't ready for it and try to keep their kids from having S*x too early.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dh spent the night at our home several times while we were dating. He slept in my brother's old room and I slept in mine. We did not have S*x until we were in college even though we started dating when we were 16. I spent the night at his house when he had his wisdom teeth removed. I slept in the chair in the family room while he slept in his room upstairs. We would play board games, video games or watch movies depending on which house we were hanging out at that day.
Our girls are 14 and 11. Due to the fact that there are no extra rooms here, there will be no sleepovers. Teens have no business having S*x. They are not ready for that type of relationship IMO.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Because it’s my home and my rules.
I don’t have to be logical, but I’m definitely not allowing my home to knowingly be used as a hot sheet motel.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 am I don't understand your line of thinking. I didn't have S*x until college. I don't believe high school kids are ready for S*x and should not be having S*x. We should not give our kids even the slightest idea that S*x at that age is ok. And that means no sleepovers. I find it hard to believe that the boys' parents didn't have an issue with your line of thinking. Not every teen girl is like you were.
I don't have to approve of it. Once ds was an adult I didn't mind so long as he didn't bring home a different girl every night. But before that my attitude is... you're too young. Now I'm sure I'm not going to stop you but neither will I make it easy.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:58 am You ladies make no sense. You bashed the woman who didn’t let her 19 y/o go sleep at her boyfriend’s house but then you bash women who do allow it. As if when they get to a certain age, it just magically changes? Where do you draw the line? The day before their 18th birthday they can’t sleep over but the day of, they can? Smh. 🤦‍♀️
I thought the bashing was because the op had an immunosuppressed child during this quarantine and didn't want the dd to expose her. In that case I wouldn't have forbid her from coming home. I'm working myself. But I'd discourage the visits. As far as a magic age it depends. I don't mind ds19 bringing home a girl he has a relationship with. Bringing home someone he just met off of Tinder? No. Illogical? Whatever.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nah...not happening at my home.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You viewpoint is the same viewpoint most of Western Europe holds. The ones that are not highly religious anyways.

There is MUCH less teen pregnancy when S*x is rationally discussed and accepted as a natural part of life.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:36 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:35 am
Nobody is going to agree with you. In fact most moms like you who had S*x as teens realise that they weren't ready for it and try to keep their kids from having S*x too early.
Who are you answering for when you say “nobody” ?

Most of Germany, France, England , Belgium, ect agree with her.

S*x is not something that should be made into a taboo until a parent decides they will accept the natural reality.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic