Yes my kids home from college can drink

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My daughters are 19 and 20, home from college. I don’t have an issue with them having a Mike’s Hard or White claw or something similar when laying out by the pool in our backyard. I’m not stupid, I know what they do in college, and I guess I just don’t see a big deal with them having a drink here or there if it’s in our house. My confession for the day.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Eh. It is legal in several states for parents to provide alcohol to minors in their residence. I see no issue with it. My 17 year old niece tried one of my drinks at my inlaws' house at Thanksgiving..she also tried her mom's and her dad's. She had a sip of each drink. If she had wanted one of them, we would have allowed it as we were not going anywhere since it was Thanksgiving. We would allow our girls to have it too if they were that old.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your kids, your home, your choice.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:29 pm Eh. It is legal in several states for parents to provide alcohol to minors in their residence. I see no issue with it. My 17 year old niece tried one of my drinks at my inlaws' house at Thanksgiving..she also tried her mom's and her dad's. She had a sip of each drink. If she had wanted one of them, we would have allowed it as we were not going anywhere since it was Thanksgiving. We would allow our girls to have it too if they were that old.
I especially feel for them during this quarantine lol. Plus I know they’re safe and not driving anywhere or anything like that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Go you?

If nobody does anything stupid not even the police care.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:29 pm Eh. It is legal in several states for parents to provide alcohol to minors in their residence. I see no issue with it. My 17 year old niece tried one of my drinks at my inlaws' house at Thanksgiving..she also tried her mom's and her dad's. She had a sip of each drink. If she had wanted one of them, we would have allowed it as we were not going anywhere since it was Thanksgiving. We would allow our girls to have it too if they were that old.
A well thought out sensible answer. I've given Kidlet sips of what I've drank. A few weeks ago before this all started the kids were here, and allowed them each a shot of hard alcohol. That is all they wanted. They are 20, 20, 19, and 19. They all slept here.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:24 pm My daughters are 19 and 20, home from college. I don’t have an issue with them having a Mike’s Hard or White claw or something similar when laying out by the pool in our backyard. I’m not stupid, I know what they do in college, and I guess I just don’t see a big deal with them having a drink here or there if it’s in our house. My confession for the day.
Your kids, Your rules
Anonymous 4

Unread post

😂 if this sheltering in place stuff is still going on in August I might start pouring a glass of wine for my 5 year old!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 pm 😂 if this sheltering in place stuff is still going on in August I might start pouring a glass of wine for my 5 year old!
Lol right?! Thank god for our liquor cabinet 😂
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not my thing, it would not be allowed at my house but your kids aren’t my kids so it doesn’t matter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic