For those of you into herbal remedies!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 pm Rose Mountain does have valerian root.

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/searc ... =%E2%9C%93
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 10.36.39 PM.png

They have seeds for sale too. You might want to grow your own so you'll have a cheap steady supply.
I would love to be able to grow my own. Thanks again!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:00 pm Rose Mountain Herb is a good site. The have just about any herb you could want. Especially some of the more exotic ones. Why do you want the root? How are you going to consume it? The powder is easier to take and you can put it in capsules. Or you can order it in capsules. Natures Way is a very good brand, been around for more than 20 years.

If you want root, you'd want it cut and sifted, that way you can make it into tea. If you want it to make tea, mix it with another aromatic tea because valerian tastes like dirty socks dragged through dirt. For anxiety, you should try Hawthorne capsules (Natures Way is a very good brand). When I was going through a period of really high cortisol, I would take it at bedtime to stop my pounding heart. For anxiety, the amino acid GABA is good. We have GABA receptors in the brain and GABA helps block those neuro transmitters in the brain that make us anxious. My daughter takes it for her anxiety. And she takes hawthorne too when she's having an anxiety attack.

If anxiety is a problem, you should look into the b vitamin inositol. It is a sweet tasting powder that mixes easily in warm liquids so you could put into a cup of tea. There's this herbal tea by Tazo called Passion. It has hibiscus and passion flower which are very calming. Put a teaspoon of the inositol powder in it when you are having a panic attack and it will calm you. Take it at night with a 1/4 tsp of gaba in some water and it will help you fall asleep. If you keep waking up, that's a signal that your cortisol levels are probably high. Relora, an herbal combo that works on lowering cortisol levels would be a good thing to take at night with some melatonin. If your pounding heart wakes you up, hawthorn will take care of that.
You can get bulk powder inositol on amazon by bulk supplements. They're a good company. I order a lot of different stuff from them.

Hope this helps.
They are local to me! Love them
That's great. They charge an arm and a leg for shipping.
Locked Previous topicNext topic