Does anyone have any ideas on what to do for a kid's birthday during all this?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

What are people with kids supposed to do for birthdays right now?
No friends can come over, can't go anywhere, there's no parks or anywhere outdoors that is even open to the public anymore,
How do you make a kid feel special in all this?
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My daughter's birthday is Wednesday. I am decorating the house and making her a special cake. She knows what is going on so she understands. We will have a party for her later on.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have a small party at home with family( you can still buy a cake and gifts). ... When this is over have the big party.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Our neighbor's daughter had her birthday last week. They contacted a bunch of friends, who all drove by their house and honked and then parked and everyone sang happy birthday. Several families were from the neighborhood and we all stood on the sidewalk near their house (10+ feet between families) and sang and cheered. Their daughter was really excited to see people she hadn't since school got out and excited that everyone would come to see her. They were really good at keeping it a surprise, so the look on her face when cars started showing up was pretty spectacular.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We were part of a caravan drive by for my 13 year old's friend. Kid stands on their porch or in their front yard, and a line of cars slowly drive by honking and yelling out the windows.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

All you can do is celebrate at home with immediate family. I've seen people are doing face times or zoom meetings to celebrate birthdays. Explain to the kiddo that you will celebrate at home and after the pandemic is over, you can celebrate with their friends/more family. I mean, what else can you do?
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My son's 9th birthday is a few days after Easter. I'll be hanging decorations and blowing up LOTS of balloons. We'll have cake & ice cream. Oh, and I'll be making his favorite meal.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I live in a small town. Someone began what is being called the Birthday Brigade. Anyone wishing to participate decorates their vehicle, and at a designated time and date, they parade (safely) down the street of the birthday kid and wave. It's been done a few times so far, and the kids absolutely love it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My kids had a homemade morning cake and an after supper bakery cake. People are so spoiled these days. Maybe that's what the virus is supposed to teach us - Material stuff doesn't mean anything in the long run.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My niece just turned 5 on Tuesday. My sister decorated the house, made her a cake and banner, got her gifts. My mom BFF got everyone to meet up at the park by their house with their cars decorated and we drove by slow and honked and waved. Then some of stayed and had a few drinks while social distancing and she opened her presents. All outside of course, no one went in the house. We were only there maybe a half hour. She said it was her best birthday ever.
Locked Previous topicNext topic