What are the hard to find things where you live?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

TP
Hand Sanitizer
Tylenol
Cold/Flu otc medicine

And not that I need it but our grocery store hasn't had these items since day 1:

Boxed Mac & Cheese
Pasta Sides (or anything like it)
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Cleansers of any kind
Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol
Rice
Bread
Peanut butter
Bullion
Cheese
My favorite dark chocolate bar with the seasalt and nuts🤬.

Low sodium V8 (which pisses me off most of all because everyone I have ever known or come in contact with has said they hated V8. Back before all of this it was like I was one of the only ones buying the stuff because it was always well in stock. Now it's the only juice that is constantly gone. I thought I was safe on that one lol)
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I feel you ...

DH likes make bread. He mills einkorn and adds K A bread flour. I've yet to find King Arthur bread flour in two of the local grocery stores. Suddenly everyone's a bread baker.

Funny thing, too ... At our local Whole Foods , the gluten free section of baking goods was usually lower in stock bc many bought coconut flour, and some other flours that are gluten free and the regular wheat flour was always stocked fully. Now the GF stuff is sitting on the shelves. I wonder if suddenly all the "gluten sensitive" people are cured and only the diagnosed Celiac disease people are doing the GF purchasing.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 pm Cleansers of any kind
Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol
Rice
Bread
Peanut butter
Bullion
Cheese

Low sodium V8 (which pisses me off most of all because everyone I have ever known or come in contact with has said they hated V8. Back before all of this it was like I was one of the only ones buying the stuff because it was always well in stock. Now it's the only juice that is constantly gone. I thought I was safe on that one lol)
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Flour
Soup
TP
Cleaning supplies
Yeast
Eggs
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Lysol spray
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 pm I feel you ...

DH likes make bread. He mills einkorn and adds K A bread flour. I've yet to find King Arthur bread flour in two of the local grocery stores. Suddenly everyone's a bread baker.

Funny thing, too ... At our local Whole Foods , the gluten free section of baking goods was usually lower in stock bc many bought coconut flour, and some other flours that are gluten free and the regular wheat flour was always stocked fully. Now the GF stuff is sitting on the shelves. I wonder if suddenly all the "gluten sensitive" people are cured and only the diagnosed Celiac disease people are doing the GF purchasing.
Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol
Rice
Bread
Peanut butter
Bullion
Cheese

That is so cool! My husband helps out a friend who grows and mills grains including einkorn. Does your husband coarse grind it for grits (polenta) as well?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Our Walmart had TP when we were there a few nights ago. They didn't have Clorox/Lysol wipes but we had plenty of those on hand; my MIL was a shopper and when we moved house last July I found a stash in the closet in her old room that we still have half a dozen canisters left of. Ditto Lysol spray. We don't eat rice because of DH's diabetes (have you ever looked at the carbs per serving? Crazy!). It's harder to find GF bread now, but I can live without it; I did for years.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, but he plans to. He does add some of the bran he sifts out back into the bread on top . It gives it a nice bite.A friend of his has a subs to grain shares and they’re going to split the cost in the next sign up. By then he’ll be looking at diversifying his baking and milling skills 🙂

i
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 pm I feel you ...

Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol
Rice
Bread
Peanut butter
Bullion
Cheese

That is so cool! My husband helps out a friend who grows and mills grains including einkorn. Does your husband coarse grind it for grits (polenta) as well?
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol
Rice
Bread
Peanut butter
Bullion
Cheese

V8? That's an odd product to be out of stock.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Peace and freaking quiet.

Everything else am be found. It just may be a different brand or size than one usually buys.
Locked Previous topicNext topic