What are the hard to find things where you live?

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Toilet paper
Disinfect anything
Flour
Rice
Beans

Something are still iffy but not completely impossible.
PurpleTurtle
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Most things that were wiped out a few weeks ago like milk, eggs, flour, butter, cheese, pasta, and meat seem to be back in stock, though there are limits for some things.

Bread, disinfecting wipes, paper towels, and hand soap are still hit or miss.

Hand sanitizer and toilet paper are nonexistent.

Luckily, we're pretty-well stocked so it hasn't been an issue for us yet.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hand sanitizer
cleaning supplies
paper plates
grits

I haven't been looking for anything else however I noticed the stores have TP, baby wipes and paper towels again.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Flour and other baking supplies
Cleaning supplies
Toilet paper
Canned or dried beans
Oats
Rice
Pasta
Non-dairy milk
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

TP
Rice
Flour
Pasta
Dry Beans

Luckily, I have a bunch of TP and paper towels as I buy in bulk from Sam's and did that back in February. I can sometimes find things at Ingles as Kroger is always wiped out. My Church partnered with a member that owns a local company and on Wednesday and Thursday they gave out 17,000 rolls of TP and 13,000 rolls of paper towels in the Church parking lot. They called it- The "It is Well With My Roll" TP Giveaway. They advertised it in the local county paper and online and they just put it in peoples' trunks as they drove through the parking lot. Our Pastor comes up with some great ideas to minister to the community.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Florida. Any paper products. One day we literally had no garlic. Apparently an Italian superstition says it wards off the evil eye.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Yesterday we meal planned freezer meals for the rest of the month. We had Costco deliver to my aunts house and she brought that the hour to us. Our Costco is in a county with a lot of covid cases whereas our county has had 4 cases in people who weren't even here at the time. Then we drove into a neighboring rural county to get the last of our groceries. We split the list to get through the store faster but had to go to 3 stores to find lentils. Dh had just ran into the last store and he came out saying it was my turn. They were limiting it to 1 bag per person so I had to run in and grab the 2nd bag we needed to finish our freezer meals.
All of the dried beans were gone as well as the rice. Toilet paper has been crazy hard to find as well as paper towels.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I never got that whole TP thing. Here in Mexico it was never an issue. The couple of times I went to the store the toilet paper aisle was fully stocked, as well as paper towels, napkins, and tissues. One time during the first week of initial reports people did panic and there was very little pasta, rice, beans and frozen veggies at the supermarket, but that has since normalized.
When I started doing pickup and delivery, I ever had a problem either. They always had all this stuff.
Shaken1976 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:10 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:06 am Just disinfecting stuff, like Lysol and wipes. But I’m using chlorine then.
Everything else, I haven’t had a problem
I have been searching for toilet paper since this started. Luckily we had some but we are running low now. I check everyday online at all the surrounding stores.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:10 am Ontario:

Common Sense
Flour
Yeast
Rice Noodles
Bananas
Thermometer
Rice
Hand Sanitizer (like I even have to mention that one)
Coffee Cream
I don’t think I would be able to make it without coffee creamer 😋
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:10 am Ontario:

Common Sense
Flour
Yeast
Rice Noodles
Bananas
Thermometer
Rice
Hand Sanitizer (like I even have to mention that one)
Coffee Cream
There is a little out of the way bulk food store by me and it had everything in stock. At this store everything has always been prepackaged in containers so there is no bins. They had - flour (all kinds), yeast, noodles (all kinds), hand sanitizer, rice, all baking products, all spices, everything was in stock. I was actually a little giddy when I was in there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic