What are the hard to find things where you live?

Nikabear
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

Lysol products/cleaning supplies
Bleach
Hand sanitizer
Hand soap
Eggs
Everything else we can find
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Toilet paper
flushable wipes
cheese
hand sanitizer
rubbing alcohol
kleenex
any disinfecting cleaner
laundry soap
hand soap
dish soap
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I cannot find Isopropyl Alcohol.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

We've been very, very blessed to find pretty much the things we need which NOW includes toilet paper as of last week. Limited amount on the shelves and unlike some of the other shoppers, we only grabbed one package. Since the store was limiting shoppers to one package to begin with, I assume they were stopped at the check-out line, and could only purchase that one package.

While I have a stockpile of the following, there were things that were bare on the shelves:

Rice (all types, including boxed)
Beans, both dry and canned
Cup O' Soups and Ramens
Canned fruit and applesauce
Lunch meats

Also, canned Lysol spray and Chlorox wipes were gone.

Limited availability:
Sugar (all kinds)
Flour (all kinds)

What was available which really surprised me were cookies, crackers, Easter candy, chips and other snacks along with corn starch, yeast (all types), baking chips and other baking stuff.

We are set for several weeks but are considering ordering some frozen stuff from Schwan's to just tuck away in the event of .....I don't know....changes to current rules....at the start of next week.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 pm I feel you ...

DH likes make bread. He mills einkorn and adds K A bread flour. I've yet to find King Arthur bread flour in two of the local grocery stores. Suddenly everyone's a bread baker.

Funny thing, too ... At our local Whole Foods , the gluten free section of baking goods was usually lower in stock bc many bought coconut flour, and some other flours that are gluten free and the regular wheat flour was always stocked fully. Now the GF stuff is sitting on the shelves. I wonder if suddenly all the "gluten sensitive" people are cured and only the diagnosed Celiac disease people are doing the GF purchasing.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 pm Cleansers of any kind
Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol
Rice
Bread
Peanut butter
Bullion
Cheese
My favorite dark chocolate bar with the seasalt and nuts🤬.

Low sodium V8 (which pisses me off most of all because everyone I have ever known or come in contact with has said they hated V8. Back before all of this it was like I was one of the only ones buying the stuff because it was always well in stock. Now it's the only juice that is constantly gone. I thought I was safe on that one lol)
LMAO I have wondered the same thing about the GF community as well as all the other scarce dieting people out there. I think its really neat that your husband makes his bread in that way. I'd like to learn how to do it once I am able. Its a good thing for anyone to know, especially in times like these.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 pm Cleansers of any kind
Vinegar
Rubbing alcohol
Rice
Bread
Peanut butter
Bullion
Cheese
My favorite dark chocolate bar with the seasalt and nuts🤬.

Low sodium V8 (which pisses me off most of all because everyone I have ever known or come in contact with has said they hated V8. Back before all of this it was like I was one of the only ones buying the stuff because it was always well in stock. Now it's the only juice that is constantly gone. I thought I was safe on that one lol)
V8? That's an odd product to be out of stock.
I know!!! When I think of prepping for things like this, V8 has never came up on my mind as an essential. And the low sodium kind as well. Not a whole lot of people like the plain V8, much less can handle the low sodium kind.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I went grocery shopping the other day, which I loathe, just to have something to do. I didn't notice anything in particular that's missing. The shelves look somewhat less full, maybe less slightly variety than usual, but I couldn't think of anything that I could possibly want that was altogether gone.

I've heard on Instagram that LA people are having trouble finding yeast and baking soda, but we don't really cook that much and we definitely don't bake bread, so I wouldn't know personally.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:00 am Our stores are basically stocking the basics. There is no variety anymore at all. All the stuff I used to buy is no longer really being stocked.

Things that are hard to find.
pasta
rice
flour
TOILET PAPER
paper towels
thermometers (ours is mysteriously missing)

I can always get milk, eggs, beef, and chicken. We have been making due. It's hard to find gluten free items. Fruits and veggies are decently stocked.
Same here and gluten free has been challenging.
Locked Previous topicNext topic