I am about to lose it on my kids

mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mine is in college and doesn’t live at home. I pay her $40 cell phone bill and she’s always paid her car insurance but she got laid off from her retail job during all of this so I told her don’t worry about that till she’s back at work.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Right now, I wouldn’t kick them out. But I would make it very clear that either they start contributing to the home (if they can’t work or go to school right now, at least with chores) they’ll be out on their butts the second this is over.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My daughter moved back right after college. I never charged her rent, she saved her money and now has a condo.
Due to an onset of epilepsy 2 years ago, she moved back with me again for close to a year. I didn't charge rent then either, because she still had payments on her condo to keep up with.
Her seizures are now under control and she's able to live on her own again.
I'd do it all the exact same way, given the chance.
So I guess my answer to your question would be no.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are they working? Helping around the house? Vague post is vague.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don’t do generational living in my family, so they wouldn’t be here to throw out.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 5

Unread post

How old are they?
Are they currently in school?
Are they working?
What bills do they have that they aren't paying?
How are they taking advantage of you?

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:41 pm They are adults.
Would you throw your children out during this time?
What if they were taking advantage of you? Not paying their way while expecting you to cover the bills?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk. My college son is at home since they close dorms. I told him if I'm laid off all of us will pitch in financially. Until then I'm not worried. He'll go back to college presumably in the fall. But in normal times if he didn't work or attend college he'd go.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have read that 26 is the new 16.

In Canada, 34 percent of adult kids aged 20 to 34 were still living with their parents in 2016. In the larger cities like Toronto, that figure was up to 47 percent.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think "losing it" the very odd time on your kids, whether they are grade schoolers, tweens, teens or adult children is not such a bad thing if they are doing, or not doing things to put you in that position.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 am I have read that 26 is the new 16.

In Canada, 34 percent of adult kids aged 20 to 34 were still living with their parents in 2016. In the larger cities like Toronto, that figure was up to 47 percent.
Oh no.. I told the minions that once they are in college/ graduated..that is it! Dh and I are retiring and moving to a retirement community that does not allow people under 55+ to live there. They can visit, but not live with us anymore. I informed them that we are raising functioning people in society and as such they need to have their crap together so that they don't become boomerangs. If it was a situation like now, fine..but, they would be doing *something* to help out...not just sitting on their thumbs.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic