Sunblock question. I think it was pinkbutterfly?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

What is the best sunblock? I remember having a conversation about this before but I can't find it. But there were some chemicals to stay away from and some that were ok. I remember ones with zinc were good, but what else?
Want to buy some before the toilet paper people move on to the next item to hoard especially with summer coming up.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:42 pm What is the best sunblock? I remember having a conversation about this before but I can't find it. But there were some chemicals to stay away from and some that were ok. I remember ones with zinc were good, but what else?
Want to buy some before the toilet paper people move on to the next item to hoard especially with summer coming up.
Sun Bum is a great brand. I like them, along with Coppertone Glow SPF 50 with shimmer.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I’m a Coola White Tea and SuperGoop unseen sunscreen girl for faces and the sprays for bodies, but both brands are very expensive. We has a family have sensitive skin and are prone to rashes. These are the only brands that we have tried that don’t make at least one of us break out in a rash.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We use reef safe and mineral based, so some kinds of Sun Bum and any kind of All Good. We also have sun protective hats and clothing.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:42 pm What is the best sunblock? I remember having a conversation about this before but I can't find it. But there were some chemicals to stay away from and some that were ok. I remember ones with zinc were good, but what else?
That's so funny I was just thinking last night I need to ask pink what kind I should get for an infant. I know my older kids will want to go to the pool this summer and I'll need something for the babe that is safe.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:52 pm
That's so funny I was just thinking last night I need to ask pink what kind I should get for an infant. I know my older kids will want to go to the pool this summer and I'll need something for the babe that is safe.
Sun Bum's baby line is safe and reef safe. For an infant though, the best thing is to get uv safe clothes and limit time in the sun. We have the Aiernuo Baby Beach Tent. It has UPF 50 protection and it's easy to travel with.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Sunblocks contain zinc oxides and titanium dioxide as the active ingredients and nothing else. It's best to get one that has both for complete coverage. The sunblocks you want are the only ones that contain zinc and titanium. Avoid sunscreens that contain any of these ingredients: Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Oxybenzone. Because they are absorbed into the skin and are either hormone disruptors or carcinogenic (the ones with the benzene molecule: avobenzone and oxybenzone are suspected carcinogenic -- Actually anything with benzene in it is carcinogenic. You can tell if a chemical has benzene in it by googling the chemical molecular structure. If it has a benzene ring, then it contains benzene. A benzene ring looks like this:).

Just look for the ingredients: zinc and titanium and don't buy any that contain avobenzone, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene or oxybenzone.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:51 pm Sunblocks contain zinc oxides and titanium dioxide as the active ingredients and nothing else. It's best to get one that has both for complete coverage. The sunblocks you want are the only ones that contain zinc and titanium. Avoid sunscreens that contain any of these ingredients: Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Oxybenzone. Because they are absorbed into the skin and are either hormone disruptors or carcinogenic (the ones with the benzene molecule: avobenzone and oxybenzone are suspected carcinogenic -- Actually anything with benzene in it is carcinogenic. You can tell if a chemical has benzene in it by googling the chemical molecular structure. If it has a benzene ring, then it contains benzene. A benzene ring looks like this:).

Just look for the ingredients: zinc and titanium and don't buy any that contain avobenzone, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene or oxybenzone.
You PInk , google better than op does..
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk I buy no name brand at 50 SPF. I'm not the one to ask.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:08 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:51 pm Sunblocks contain zinc oxides and titanium dioxide as the active ingredients and nothing else. It's best to get one that has both for complete coverage. The sunblocks you want are the only ones that contain zinc and titanium. Avoid sunscreens that contain any of these ingredients: Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Oxybenzone. Because they are absorbed into the skin and are either hormone disruptors or carcinogenic (the ones with the benzene molecule: avobenzone and oxybenzone are suspected carcinogenic -- Actually anything with benzene in it is carcinogenic. You can tell if a chemical has benzene in it by googling the chemical molecular structure. If it has a benzene ring, then it contains benzene. A benzene ring looks like this:).

You PInk , google better than op does..
I have like a 46 year interest in nutrition, supplements, herbs and a slight background in chemistry -- very slight. I remember my organic chem prof. going on about benzene and how dangerous this chemical was. That was way back in 1980.
Locked Previous topicNext topic