anyone in NYC? where is everyone?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Thats cause it's not the apocalypse.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm in PA. Things got shut down about three weeks ago. So far in my area, it's not as bad as it seems to be in other places and I think most people are taking it seriously although there are still a lot that aren't. The governor and secretary of health seem to be proactive for the most part.My family is in South Carolina and I am so worried about my parents. The county where they live is the epicenter of the virus in South Carolina and their governor is a F***ing moron.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don't live in NYC but I do live in NY state. It's not bad in my county yet 301 cases 14 critical and 2 deaths. The thing that scares me is they are shipping patients with the covid 19 virus from NYC to hospitals around the state. Also the fact that our governor made an executive order to send all ventilators to hospitals that need them now and we may end up in a situation where we need them but can't get them back. It makes me very nervous.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm in NH. We went into 'stay at home' mode about 2 weeks ago (officially) after a lot of public outcry. Boston, an hour away, seems to be turning into a hotbed, and people are fleeing the city for the 'safety' of the countryside. Which is us.

I think we've lost 5 people so far, 415 infected. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but we don't have the population density of many other harder hit states. Dh still has to work daily, so I constantly worry he's been exposed somehow, but so far nothing. For all we know, we had it back in February when we both got hit with what we assumed was the flu. Now I'm not so sure.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'm in London. Things are strange here, the streets are usually so full, and now they're quite empty! My neighbourhood was fairly quiet before so now it's eerily quiet. Hardly any traffic at night, just the occasional bus.

The grocery shops took a big hit when this all started, websites were down for the ones with delivery services, and the physical shops were quite empty. It's starting to normalise now. Shops have set a limit on many items, they're starting to ease up on some of those limits.

All non-essential shops were forced to close. There are still some restaurants open (takeaway only), though I couldn't tell you how many. Honestly I haven't been out much over the past few weeks. We're advised not to leave our homes except for essential shopping and for exercise.

Eta: 10,000+ confirmed cases here in London.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am in the burbs of Atlanta. It is bad in Georgia.. There are 5967 confirmed, 1222 hospitalized, 198 deathw in the state. My county of 234,561 has 143 cases with 3 deaths.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 pm I don't live in NYC but I do live in NY state. It's not bad in my county yet 301 cases 14 critical and 2 deaths. The thing that scares me is they are shipping patients with the covid 19 virus from NYC to hospitals around the state. Also the fact that our governor made an executive order to send all ventilators to hospitals that need them now and we may end up in a situation where we need them but can't get them back. It makes me very nervous.
You're right. There's every reason to believe that y'all will need them before we are done. Cuomo's follow-the-wave plan sounds like it should work, but only if we borrow vents from someplace a LOT further away.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Florida. Over 10000 cases. 170 deaths.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oregon here. We have 690 total cases, and 18 have died from the virus.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Alabama...over 1,500 cases with 21 confirmed dead from COVID-19. I think the actual number dead is higher but they haven’t been confirmed. My kids and I haven’t left our property in 21 days. DH is the only one who goes shopping. Thankfully we live on almost 5 acres, so we aren’t stuck inside all day and the weather has been nice for the most part.
Locked Previous topicNext topic