anyone in NYC? where is everyone?

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I've seen reports its as bad as Italy?

im in Sask and we only just started getting cases in the last week or so, not nearly as bad.
but its going to get bad in the next week or two.

seeing reports from NY and.....my god....

where is everyone? whats it like where you are?

when ever I've pictured the "apocalypse" this was not what I pictured.

do you guys think life will ever go back to "normal'?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm in Western Arizona.
In my county - 299 tested, 8 confirmed, 0 deaths. Only 1 of the confirmed is in my city.

I guess I'd call it surreal. Things are very different, yet somehow the same. I personally have not been restricted from going where I want to go, though I haven't tried going many places. The only difficult thing is shopping because stuff is not available. The streets are quieter but still pretty busy. Our stay at home order just went into effect 3 days ago. You can always find arguments online between the "stay at home at all costs" people and the people still out doing their thing. Last night it was a big ol argument about Hobby Lobby still being open. But I think a percentage of the population here has a hard time taking it seriously because we just don't have the numbers.

I'm still working at the office 5 days a week (we are considered essential and still open). DH is still working at home like always. I go shopping when needed. During the week Dh takes the boys on local hiking trails and they count it for PE credit. We still sometimes get drive-thru or take-out - supporting local restaurants. That's about the extent of our goings out of the house.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm in Nassau county, right outside of Queens. And I was laid off from my job in Elmhurst, where the hardest hit hospital is. My husband is still working in the Bronx.

It's not good. My Facebook is beginning to have people I know losing family members. I suspect that by next week, we will personally know somebody who's died and have sort of planted that seed with my kids (19 and 22) so they aren't blindsided when it happens.

I have a close friend who is a CICU nurse at Bellevue. She has had nothing but Covid patients since about 10 days ago...intubating LOTS of people younger than 60. Losing some. I heard about them running out of Tylenol and IV supplies from her over a week ago.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm in California 4 confirmed cases of residents in my county but 2 were on a cruise ship. 1 was out of state, and 1 was in the bay area for the 2 weeks before diagnosis and during. None of them have been here.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I fly out to NYC on Monday. In terrified and a little bit excited.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm in Brooklyn and the t hing that is freaking me out is the number of ambulances I hear daily. Its like every few minutes. My immediate area is a bit of a hot spot and some of my neighbors are having a hard time staying away from each other. There was an article in a local paper a few days ago we are one of the hardest hit neighborhoods. third worst in the city as a whole.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:45 pm I fly out to NYC on Monday. In terrified and a little bit excited.
Once you're here, you're staying, right? You aren't planning to go back anytime soon?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

We're all being duped by mm in NYC! Please don't buy into it! Cuomo says we need ventilators, then we don't after found stockpiled.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I line in central VA, we moved here from NY last year and have family and lots of friends in the city. It's horrific there. We have friends who have gotten sick even when they follow all of the recommendations just because so many people have it, you can't leave your apartment without contact and they have to leave to get food.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:47 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:45 pm I fly out to NYC on Monday. In terrified and a little bit excited.
Once you're here, you're staying, right? You aren't planning to go back anytime soon?
I will be there for 21 days.
Locked Previous topicNext topic