Went shopping today, still no TP to be found but I got essentials....

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Crazymom wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:32 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:16 pm Shelter in place went into effect at 6 pm tonight. Kroger is bare..I ran out earlier to grab a few things for making Chinese tonight and ended up at Ingles as Kroger had nothing.. and I mean no meat at all, nothing except the egg roll wrappers I needed.I got the egg roll wrappers and then ran to Ingles. They were fully stocked except for flour and canned soups.
Oh man, yeah we have been in shelter in place for 2 weeks now so it will get better. I cannot for the life of me figure out the tp shortage. Things were pretty normal about 4 weeks ago except for TP but I had half a Costco pack so I wasn’t worried too much, then the following week they announced schools closing and the shelves were bare. Things started coming back and then shelter in place was announced and the stores were rushed again. I have like 6 rolls of TP and there are 6 of us home all day I can’t say I’m not a little concerned. I’m thankful things like dog food, milk and eggs and such are relatively normal, there are limits at most stores though.
We have a stay-at-home order until June 10th. I'm seeing more and more people who are freaking out about even going to the grocery store so are trying to stock up to last until middle of June. Also, our state raised EBT so EBT users are also anxious to stock up and have some more funds to do it.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I went today as well.

No paper products or eggs, but plenty of milk, meat, breads, snack foods..

Not sure about cleaning supplies. I have plenty so I didn't go down that aisle.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

:evil: I can't find noodles of all things. The noodle aisle is very picked over. No TP here either aside from when Costco occasionally gets more.

I found some bottles of Lysol cleaner in my closet. Last year we had them on clearance at work for like $1.35 so I bought a bunch and used other cleaners. So glad I did. I have 3 bottles left.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:36 pm In the last three weeks, I've seen toilet paper in one store exactly one time. Canned goods are running out. Fresh meat and eggs are not always available and when they are, eggs are about twice what they usually cost here. Same with frozen food, costs a lot more. I don't even want to go into the grocery store but there is no pick up service here so I'm ordering what I can online and making quick passes through the store only when we run out of things.
Where are you? It seems like things are going in waves. Almost every time something is announced the stores are rushed. But here in Ca it seems like things are slowing down a bit, canned goods are ok not normal but there’s stuff to choose from, same with meats, frozen, dairy ect. Most stores are implementing limits on high demand items. Luckily I usually buy cleaning supplies in bulk like every 6 months or so, so that’s not a problem for me I’m sharing with my friends.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:40 pm I can't find noodles of all things. The noodle aisle is very picked over. No TP here either aside from when Costco occasionally gets more.
Yeah it seems like pasta, beans, rice and most canned goods are hard to find lately. Also the ramen section was wiped out... I don’t get that at all.
It’s so surreal to see the shelves empty this is a crazy time.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

our village store remains open and is trying to keep it that way, and they have been able to keep up with whats needed, I go as little as possible.

I haven't bought groceries in the city, Saskatoon, in weeks now, stopped about a week before the first case showed up there.
I did go into the city yesterday though....observed a few crowded walmarts, I just drove by, no way I'm going in there. went to shoppers drug mart, put on my gloves, went in and was as quick as possible, got my kiddo his present (so lame an App Store card and a stuffy, yes I sprayed them with disinfectant) and got out of there.
couldn't wait to get out of the city **shudders**

I started buying extra about a month ago, got like 4 cans of coffee and a full freezer and lots of canned and dried goods. even froze some milk. hopefully it defrosts ok.

I have been to some of the bigger towns nearby and the Coop has been well stocked but had run out of things like sugar, and any soaps with disinfectant in it.
luckily I did find Microban at the Coop in Outlook, they had special ordered it and I got 2 bottles of it (one thats a disinfectant spray and the other is for cleaning)
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I stalked Amazon and Walmart online for TP and once my last order comes in I’ll have enough TP for at least a month lol
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

TP is very hard to find in the local stores like walmart/Food lion.. My husband has been getting a pack of charmin every week on base. What happened with all the napkins and paper towels?? I need some and none to be found. Are people using those as TP also? So weird.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The stores I went to the other day were fully stocked with everything, mind you the meat section wasn't full as it normally is, but there was enough. I didn't see any empty shelves. I went to one, forgot my list, so I had to go to another to grab the stuff I forgot at the first store 😩
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:46 pm our village store remains open and is trying to keep it that way, and they have been able to keep up with whats needed, I go as little as possible.

I haven't bought groceries in the city, Saskatoon, in weeks now, stopped about a week before the first case showed up there.
I did go into the city yesterday though....observed a few crowded walmarts, I just drove by, no way I'm going in there. went to shoppers drug mart, put on my gloves, went in and was as quick as possible, got my kiddo his present (so lame an App Store card and a stuffy, yes I sprayed them with disinfectant) and got out of there.
couldn't wait to get out of the city **shudders**

I started buying extra about a month ago, got like 4 cans of coffee and a full freezer and lots of canned and dried goods. even froze some milk. hopefully it defrosts ok.

I have been to some of the bigger towns nearby and the Coop has been well stocked but had run out of things like sugar, and any soaps with disinfectant in it.
luckily I did find Microban at the Coop in Outlook, they had special ordered it and I got 2 bottles of it (one thats a disinfectant spray and the other is for cleaning)
I cringed so hard when I had to go to Toronto at the beginning of last month. I was so happy to get out of there. Honestly, I've never been So happy to not live there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic