Went shopping today, still no TP to be found but I got essentials....

wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Crazymom wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:41 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:36 pm In the last three weeks, I've seen toilet paper in one store exactly one time. Canned goods are running out. Fresh meat and eggs are not always available and when they are, eggs are about twice what they usually cost here. Same with frozen food, costs a lot more. I don't even want to go into the grocery store but there is no pick up service here so I'm ordering what I can online and making quick passes through the store only when we run out of things.
Where are you? It seems like things are going in waves. Almost every time something is announced the stores are rushed. But here in Ca it seems like things are slowing down a bit, canned goods are ok not normal but there’s stuff to choose from, same with meats, frozen, dairy ect. Most stores are implementing limits on high demand items. Luckily I usually buy cleaning supplies in bulk like every 6 months or so, so that’s not a problem for me I’m sharing with my friends.
I'm in rural Texas. There are limits on certain items. There is still no Lysol on the shelves but plenty of Pine Sol and bleach. There does seem to have a decent stock of dairy like milk and some other things for now. I have been buying toilet paper by the case once a month or so from Sam's for years now so that's not an issue for us. It's just so odd to me that there is still such a hard time getting it. I should have been buying cleaning supplies in bulk too.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

When I went shopping today, I placed napkins in my cart.
When I catch the thief who removed those napkins from my cart, there's gonna be hell to pay!
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:46 pm our village store remains open and is trying to keep it that way, and they have been able to keep up with whats needed, I go as little as possible.

I haven't bought groceries in the city, Saskatoon, in weeks now, stopped about a week before the first case showed up there.
I did go into the city yesterday though....observed a few crowded walmarts, I just drove by, no way I'm going in there. went to shoppers drug mart, put on my gloves, went in and was as quick as possible, got my kiddo his present (so lame an App Store card and a stuffy, yes I sprayed them with disinfectant) and got out of there.
couldn't wait to get out of the city **shudders**

I started buying extra about a month ago, got like 4 cans of coffee and a full freezer and lots of canned and dried goods. even froze some milk. hopefully it defrosts ok.

I have been to some of the bigger towns nearby and the Coop has been well stocked but had run out of things like sugar, and any soaps with disinfectant in it.
luckily I did find Microban at the Coop in Outlook, they had special ordered it and I got 2 bottles of it (one thats a disinfectant spray and the other is for cleaning)
I went to Costco today, when I got there and saw the line I debated just how much my dogs needed to stay on the same food... but it’s supposed to rain and I can’t be stuck in the house with 3 gassy dogs. It wasn’t terrible though they had many extra employees ensuring people were staying distanced. I live in a city so I don’t have much of a choice, I have been hitting up local farms for produce to avoid the stores every week. I can’t store several weeks of produce it just doesn’t last that long.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:09 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:36 pm In the last three weeks, I've seen toilet paper in one store exactly one time. Canned goods are running out. Fresh meat and eggs are not always available and when they are, eggs are about twice what they usually cost here. Same with frozen food, costs a lot more. I don't even want to go into the grocery store but there is no pick up service here so I'm ordering what I can online and making quick passes through the store only when we run out of things.
Where are you? It seems like things are going in waves. Almost every time something is announced the stores are rushed. But here in Ca it seems like things are slowing down a bit, canned goods are ok not normal but there’s stuff to choose from, same with meats, frozen, dairy ect. Most stores are implementing limits on high demand items. Luckily I usually buy cleaning supplies in bulk like every 6 months or so, so that’s not a problem for me I’m sharing with my friends.
I'm in rural Texas. There are limits on certain items. There is still no Lysol on the shelves but plenty of Pine Sol and bleach. There does seem to have a decent stock of dairy like milk and some other things for now. I have been buying toilet paper by the case once a month or so from Sam's for years now so that's not an issue for us. It's just so odd to me that there is still such a hard time getting it. I should have been buying cleaning supplies in bulk too.
Omg! People are crazy! Our stores have napkins as far as I can tell. The only paper thing I’m worried about is TP because I’m running low fast! I
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have not been out but dh says the supermarket he has been going to is pretty well stocked. the only thing that was real low was the frozen veggies and chicken but they have a limit on one pack of chicken so he was able to get one. All the bodegas around me have toilet paper pretty well stocked. The one closest to me dh said had tp, and hand sanitizer, gloves and some masks.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Here in Ontario toilet paper is back up to about half stock levels. The times that I have had to get some groceries, I would have been able to get two or three different types if I needed it.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Crazymom wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Omg! People are crazy! Our stores have napkins as far as I can tell. The only paper thing I’m worried about is TP because I’m running low fast! I
I hope you get some soon! Have you checked online?

I just went to the store this morning, got there as soon as they opened so hopefully it wouldn't be as crowded. No TP, no paper towels or napkins, canned goods still low, had some eggs, I didn't even check the meat department because we have a decent supply here. Rice is gone and the dry beans are running low. I have no idea what is going on. The clerk told me they got a truck in yesterday but I couldn't tell. That store has been out of the same things for three weeks.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:49 am

I just went to the store this morning, got there as soon as they opened so hopefully it wouldn't be as crowded. No TP, no paper towels or napkins, canned goods still low, had some eggs, I didn't even check the meat department because we have a decent supply here. Rice is gone and the dry beans are running low. I have no idea what is going on. The clerk told me they got a truck in yesterday but I couldn't tell. That store has been out of the same things for three weeks.
I check online at Sam's Club, Costco, Amazon, Walmart, and Target frequently for my "preferred" paper products, and they are always sold out! I guess the factories must all be closed and not manufacturing? Otherwise at some point, I feel like, aren't a lot of people already stocked up? I've been on a hunt for Charmin TP for like at least 4 weeks. We are using regular laundered towels for paper towels, it's not that big a deal, but I do have a tiny little selfish wish they would get things back in stock.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In our area TP is also not stocked in grocery stores. Additionally, clorox, sanitizing wipes, etc... are all out.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:25 pm

I check online at Sam's Club, Costco, Amazon, Walmart, and Target frequently for my "preferred" paper products, and they are always sold out! I guess the factories must all be closed and not manufacturing? Otherwise at some point, I feel like, aren't a lot of people already stocked up? I've been on a hunt for Charmin TP for like at least 4 weeks. We are using regular laundered towels for paper towels, it's not that big a deal, but I do have a tiny little selfish wish they would get things back in stock.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:25 pm

The only stuff I've seen online looks like one ply and I'm not doing that. I've read that warehouse employees are quitting or being sent home because they are showing symptoms and there aren't enough to load trucks now. Surely people can't still be panic buying? They aren't where I am anyway because I know for sure trucks aren't coming regularly at all anymore. I just would like some of the paper products to be in stock again even though it's definitely a first world problem.
Locked Previous topicNext topic