Went shopping today, still no TP to be found but I got essentials....

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:29 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:25 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:49 am

I hope you get some soon! Have you checked online?

I just went to the store this morning, got there as soon as they opened so hopefully it wouldn't be as crowded. No TP, no paper towels or napkins, canned goods still low, had some eggs, I didn't even check the meat department because we have a decent supply here. Rice is gone and the dry beans are running low. I have no idea what is going on. The clerk told me they got a truck in yesterday but I couldn't tell. That store has been out of the same things for three weeks.
I check online at Sam's Club, Costco, Amazon, Walmart, and Target frequently for my "preferred" paper products, and they are always sold out! I guess the factories must all be closed and not manufacturing? Otherwise at some point, I feel like, aren't a lot of people already stocked up? I've been on a hunt for Charmin TP for like at least 4 weeks. We are using regular laundered towels for paper towels, it's not that big a deal, but I do have a tiny little selfish wish they would get things back in stock.
The only stuff I've seen online looks like one ply and I'm not doing that. I've read that warehouse employees are quitting or being sent home because they are showing symptoms and there aren't enough to load trucks now. Surely people can't still be panic buying? They aren't where I am anyway because I know for sure trucks aren't coming regularly at all anymore. I just would like some of the paper products to be in stock again even though it's definitely a first world problem.
I'm just so very spoiled...

We are using one ply stuff now, it's horrible! And yea, I know I have many options and in the scheme of our pandemic, this is shouldn't be even an issue. But at the end of the day, I got a lot of tiny things to whine about, haha, and it's like torture with 1 million papercuts, after a while, it adds up to maddening irritation...LOL!!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's spotty where I am.. Last time I went to the store the meat, frozen food section , paper product and certain cleaning/first aid products not available. The canned goods section was wiped out, just a lonely can of canned asparagus.. lol I found it odd the ice cream section was empty.. Are people hoarding ice cream?

I did get lucky and find TP at Sam's. I happened to be there when the truck came in- 29.99 for 30 rolls.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Finally found yeast today. Thought of a out of the way bulk food store (everything is always premeasured) and sure enough they had a bunch of it along with all types of flour.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:35 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:29 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:25 pm

I check online at Sam's Club, Costco, Amazon, Walmart, and Target frequently for my "preferred" paper products, and they are always sold out! I guess the factories must all be closed and not manufacturing? Otherwise at some point, I feel like, aren't a lot of people already stocked up? I've been on a hunt for Charmin TP for like at least 4 weeks. We are using regular laundered towels for paper towels, it's not that big a deal, but I do have a tiny little selfish wish they would get things back in stock.
The only stuff I've seen online looks like one ply and I'm not doing that. I've read that warehouse employees are quitting or being sent home because they are showing symptoms and there aren't enough to load trucks now. Surely people can't still be panic buying? They aren't where I am anyway because I know for sure trucks aren't coming regularly at all anymore. I just would like some of the paper products to be in stock again even though it's definitely a first world problem.
I'm just so very spoiled...

We are using one ply stuff now, it's horrible! And yea, I know I have many options and in the scheme of our pandemic, this is shouldn't be even an issue. But at the end of the day, I got a lot of tiny things to whine about, haha, and it's like torture with 1 million papercuts, after a while, it adds up to maddening irritation...LOL!!
Is it really being spoiled if you are trying to avoid papercuts? lol I'm spoiled to my paper products! When this virus thing started to pick up speed here, I read an article about what to stock up on and a luxury item or two was on there, for example coffee or chocolate if you like those. I bought an extra can of coffee the next time I went to the store. Considering how things are going, I wish I'd grabbed the big package of good toilet paper!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think manufacturers should contract with Amazon and go to all online TP purchases and deliveries, lol. Might be able to control the supply better that way, hahaha! Every household is allowed a 30 roll pack every two weeks depending on the numbers and ages of people in the home.

Our manufacturers sure make a bit of dough off TP tho
https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/top- ... suppliers/
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just TP and cleaning supplies.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:09 pm Finally found yeast today. Thought of a out of the way bulk food store (everything is always premeasured) and sure enough they had a bunch of it along with all types of flour.
I just saw on Facebook today that a local shop that sells baking supplies like fondant and decorating stuff is selling flour, yeast, butter, eggs and such. They do baking and decorating classes which they can’t do anymore so they are trying to move product. I’m going to call and see if they have any left.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What exactly are people doing with all this TP? Do they shove it up their noses? It's a respiratory virus. I don't get it.
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 pm What exactly are people doing with all this TP? Do they shove it up their noses? It's a respiratory virus. I don't get it.
I have asked the same question so many times, I may have also wished clogged toilets and main lines on them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic