I’m having a hard time staying on track with my diet and workout program

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:19 pm Will your kids do it with you?
Sometimes.
It depends on their mood. My kids are 14 & 12. Sometimes they will if they are in a good mood.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:19 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:09 pm I'm struggling too. I've got so many excuses right now, it's pathetic. I just gobbled down left over meatloaf, I feel hopeless.
I was having a difficult time getting a full workout with everyone in the house, so I hired a friend of mine to put together some 20 minute body weight only boot camp classes that I can do with my kids. I have also been making EVERYONE do the new dance classes that they’re streaming on the Peloton app. In addition to actually being incredibly fun, I also get to watch DH make a complete fool of himself while trying to do things like “the cheerleader” and “the Beyoncé” 😂

I know Peloton also put up new family content today, so I’ll check that out in a bit.
I am active, but you can't out exercise a bad diet. I cook breakfast & snack. I cook lunch & snack. I make snack & snack. I make dinner & snack. I surprise the skinny, little active children with a dessert & I eat that too.

I am a bottomless, hungry pit. Carbs soothe my soul, I find them calming and uplifting...and right now, it feels as though very little else in my life is calm or uplifting. :lol:
They also offer family meditation on the Peloton app 😂.

To keep it healthy, I always try to keep roasted veggies, cooked farro, lentil salad, and a variety of homemade dressings and sauces in the refrigerator. That’s not to say I don’t regularly choose the leftover pasta, but it makes it much more likely that I’ll make a healthy choice.

Just remember farro is a carb too 😂.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:09 pm I'm struggling too. I've got so many excuses right now, it's pathetic. I just gobbled down left over meatloaf, I feel hopeless.
I was having a difficult time getting a full workout with everyone in the house, so I hired a friend of mine to put together some 20 minute body weight only boot camp classes that I can do with my kids. I have also been making EVERYONE do the new dance classes that they’re streaming on the Peloton app. In addition to actually being incredibly fun, I also get to watch DH make a complete fool of himself while trying to do things like “the cheerleader” and “the Beyoncé” 😂

I know Peloton also put up new family content today, so I’ll check that out in a bit.
I am active, but you can't out exercise a bad diet. I cook breakfast & snack. I cook lunch & snack. I make snack & snack. I make dinner & snack. I surprise the skinny, little active children with a dessert & I eat that too.

I am a bottomless, hungry pit. Carbs soothe my soul, I find them calming and uplifting...and right now, it feels as though very little else in my life is calm or uplifting. :lol:
I agree completely. Carbs are so calming it’s ridiculous
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:36 pm

They also offer family meditation on the Peloton app 😂.

To keep it healthy, I always try to keep roasted veggies, cooked farro, lentil salad, and a variety of homemade dressings and sauces in the refrigerator. That’s not to say I don’t regularly choose the leftover pasta, but it makes it much more likely that I’ll make a healthy choice.

Just remember farro is a carb too 😂.
Oh, don't worry, I ate a bunch of roasted Brussel sprouts with my meatloaf for lunch, LOL...normally I would skip lunch and have some raw mini-peppers & blueberries, and not eat until dinner. But I don't go to the store as often, so I don't have fresh fruits & veggies, and I typically don't have the temptation of watching the children eat, so yea, like I said, I got all kinds excuses, I'm a mess, hahaha!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:36 pm

I agree completely. Carbs are so calming it’s ridiculous
This sums up a lot about my life:

Deleted User 172

Unread post

I go for long walks as soon as i get off work everyday. It helps keep me sane and gives me some sun and time alone. I probably would have killed everybody by now if i didn't have this trail right by my house.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

TBH, I’m putting all that on hold at the moment. I meant, it’s not like we’re going crazy eating junk food left and right, but we’re taking it easy.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

From The Mayo Clinic:

1. Eat a healthy breakfast
2. Watch the portion size
3. Snack well
4. Eat after you exercise
5. Drink up

More detailed information:

Eating and exercise: 5 tips to https:// ... r workouts
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Turkle wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:22 pm From The Mayo Clinic:

1. Eat a healthy breakfast
2. Watch the portion size
3. Snack well
4. Eat after you exercise
5. Drink up

More detailed information:

Eating and exercise: 5 tips to https:// ... r workouts
The knowledge is there, the motivation is weak. LOL.
Locked Previous topicNext topic