I’m having a hard time staying on track with my diet and workout program

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I know it’s not the biggest problem there is right now
But I was doing so well for so long. Now I don’t have the motivation to stick to it.
I’ve never been great about working out at home or the discipline to keep up a home routine

My old habits are crappy habits and I’m having a hard time not going back there.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hire your bootcamp instructor to do a workout video you can do at home. Order some meals from SunBasket.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 pm Hire your bootcamp instructor to do a workout video you can do at home. Order some meals from SunBasket.
They publish a new workout every day.
It’s making myself do it.
The same home work out problem I’ve always had
Making myself workout at home

I’ll look into sunbasket
Thanks
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 pm Hire your bootcamp instructor to do a workout video you can do at home. Order some meals from SunBasket.
They publish a new workout every day.
It’s making myself do it.
The same home work out problem I’ve always had
Making myself workout at home

I’ll look into sunbasket
Thanks
For me, if I don’t work out first thing I will never get around to it. I would suggest setting a workout time and just making yourself do it for a few days in a row. After that it will get easier because it will be a habit.

For meals, roast veggies in the oven with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cut up whatever veggies you like and roast them in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cook at 425 for about 25-30 minutes for most veggies. Potatoes take longer, so do those separately. Squash is quicker, so do that separately.

Cook farro to go with the veggies and make a choice of dressings / sauces for yourself. I personally like Thai peanut sauce, mustard red wine vinaigrette, and lemon garlic. Let me know if you want me to post a rough recipe for any of them for you.

Make or buy hummus and eat with carrots, cucumbers, sliced bell peppers, etc.

Severely restrict buying junk food and convenience food. If you’re craving pizza, make or buy a cauliflower crust pizza with less cheese and more veggies. If you want wings, make buffalo cauliflower instead.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm struggling too. I've got so many excuses right now, it's pathetic. I just gobbled down left over meatloaf, I feel hopeless.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

6A00DF2D-BDB0-4DC9-9332-123F21EFB4EA.jpeg
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:09 pm I'm struggling too. I've got so many excuses right now, it's pathetic. I just gobbled down left over meatloaf, I feel hopeless.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:09 pm I'm struggling too. I've got so many excuses right now, it's pathetic. I just gobbled down left over meatloaf, I feel hopeless.
I was having a difficult time getting a full workout with everyone in the house, so I hired a friend of mine to put together some 20 minute body weight only boot camp classes that I can do with my kids. I have also been making EVERYONE do the new dance classes that they’re streaming on the Peloton app. In addition to actually being incredibly fun, I also get to watch DH make a complete fool of himself while trying to do things like “the cheerleader” and “the Beyoncé” 😂

I know Peloton also put up new family content today, so I’ll check that out in a bit.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Will your kids do it with you?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ladies - Peloton is actually doing a 90 day free trial for their app. There is a ton of content that does not require a tread or bike, so I suggest all of you struggling with fitness download the app on your phone and airplay it to your smart TV (I find it difficult to do using a phone or IPad). Go under “cardio” and try the “dance cardio” classes.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:19 pm
I was having a difficult time getting a full workout with everyone in the house, so I hired a friend of mine to put together some 20 minute body weight only boot camp classes that I can do with my kids. I have also been making EVERYONE do the new dance classes that they’re streaming on the Peloton app. In addition to actually being incredibly fun, I also get to watch DH make a complete fool of himself while trying to do things like “the cheerleader” and “the Beyoncé” 😂

I know Peloton also put up new family content today, so I’ll check that out in a bit.
I am active, but you can't out exercise a bad diet. I cook breakfast & snack. I cook lunch & snack. I make snack & snack. I make dinner & snack. I surprise the skinny, little active children with a dessert & I eat that too.

I am a bottomless, hungry pit. Carbs soothe my soul, I find them calming and uplifting...and right now, it feels as though very little else in my life is calm or uplifting. :lol:
Locked Previous topicNext topic