What do you think about this?

Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:23 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:12 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:19 pm

The one I saw and shared made perfect sense:

"Something to consider: please avoid grocery shopping on April 1-3 unless you have a critical need. Many WIC/SNAP benefits come to low-income families at the first of the month and there will be a surge as these families redeem them. Many of these families' benefits were depleted more quickly because children are staying home from school and some families are going hungry right now. Also, please respect their needs by not buying items with a WIC shelf tag unless you absolutely need them. They cannot simply substitute these items with others; they would go without.
This will also help to keep some of our city's most vulnerable safer by not adding to the crowds in the stores unnecessarily."
I would not maliciously buy it all but if it is between their family and mine, then I have to take care of my own.
And is it between your family and theirs? Do you need to go shopping April 1-3? Or are you like most people on my own FB feed who could easily wait a week or two before shopping again, or could order take out without a care in the world? Is this something that really requires a debate? Or is it just plain good advice...a "word to the wise" if you will?
I was adding my two cents. I thought that’s what this site was for? And No, I’m not out and about running around aimlessly or just because I want to be.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:00 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:37 pm A lot of the WIC approved items are the cheaper brands. The cheaper brand of milk, the generic cheese, etc.
Not in NY they aren't they are the name brands of pretty much everything and that includes milk and cheese. my sister has gotten wic for all 5 of her children and she had checks for name brand things like juicy juice, cheerios, gerber etc.
That's because lobbyists for those brands makers put bugs in the ears of congresspeople for contract approval within the program. Along with a little campaign donation ;) ;)
Locked Previous topicNext topic