What do you think about this?

Deleted User 876

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:46 am Maybe the restrictions on what WIC recepients are allowed to buy should be lifted for now. Restrictions are being temporarily lifted for every other F***ing thing right now.
No.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:10 pm I saw a post and a meme where it said not to buy any products that you can get with wic unless you have it for at least a few weeks since they just got checks and young babes and children depend on this food. They said that it included everything you could get not just baby food and formula. The sentiment is good but it's just not realistic people are going to buy juice, cheese, milk, baby food, formula, and cereals among other things regardless.
The one I saw and shared made perfect sense:

"Something to consider: please avoid grocery shopping on April 1-3 unless you have a critical need. Many WIC/SNAP benefits come to low-income families at the first of the month and there will be a surge as these families redeem them. Many of these families' benefits were depleted more quickly because children are staying home from school and some families are going hungry right now. Also, please respect their needs by not buying items with a WIC shelf tag unless you absolutely need them. They cannot simply substitute these items with others; they would go without.
This will also help to keep some of our city's most vulnerable safer by not adding to the crowds in the stores unnecessarily."
I would not maliciously buy it all but if it is between their family and mine, then I have to take care of my own.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I buy what I've always bought and will continue to do so. I don"t recall seeing anything that I buy with a "WIC approved" stamp on it.
Im going to look now.....be right back 😄
Anonymous 11

Unread post

A lot of the WIC approved items are the cheaper brands. The cheaper brand of milk, the generic cheese, etc.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:10 pm I saw a post and a meme where it said not to buy any products that you can get with wic unless you have it for at least a few weeks since they just got checks and young babes and children depend on this food. They said that it included everything you could get not just baby food and formula. The sentiment is good but it's just not realistic people are going to buy juice, cheese, milk, baby food, formula, and cereals among other things regardless.

"Something to consider: please avoid grocery shopping on April 1-3 unless you have a critical need. Many WIC/SNAP benefits come to low-income families at the first of the month and there will be a surge as these families redeem them. Many of these families' benefits were depleted more quickly because children are staying home from school and some families are going hungry right now. Also, please respect their needs by not buying items with a WIC shelf tag unless you absolutely need them. They cannot simply substitute these items with others; they would go without.
This will also help to keep some of our city's most vulnerable safer by not adding to the crowds in the stores unnecessarily."
I would not maliciously buy it all but if it is between their family and mine, then I have to take care of my own.
You really couldn't just choose something else, you know, since you actually have the option to and all?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:37 pm A lot of the WIC approved items are the cheaper brands. The cheaper brand of milk, the generic cheese, etc.
Not in NY they aren't they are the name brands of pretty much everything and that includes milk and cheese. my sister has gotten wic for all 5 of her children and she had checks for name brand things like juicy juice, cheerios, gerber etc.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:31 pm I buy what I've always bought and will continue to do so. I don"t recall seeing anything that I buy with a "WIC approved" stamp on it.
Im going to look now.....be right back 😄
The wic approved stuff has a tag on the store shelf. It's not on the literal items.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I'll be honest. I think at one time I knew about the WIC thing. But until this post, I hadn't thought about that in years.

I'd like to do what I can to be sure that WIC peeps can get their WIC items. But here's the thing: The grocery stores are really picked over. Even with me wanting to do the right thing, if there's not another option, I will admit that I'd then take the WIC item. But again...Thanks for this post. I'll do my best to leave the WIC items whenever possible.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

And is it between your family and theirs? Do you need to go shopping April 1-3? Or are you like most people on my own FB feed who could easily wait a week or two before shopping again, or could order take out without a care in the world? Is this something that really requires a debate? Or is it just plain good advice...a "word to the wise" if you will?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:38 pm

You really couldn't just choose something else, you know, since you actually have the option to and all?
Well, since I said I wouldn’t do it maliciously but if it was between my family and theirs-that would tell me there wasn’t a different choice. So, I guess I would be buying the item my family needed. If there were two brands and I could choose something else, then I would. I don’t normally read the WIC signs anyways because it doesn’t apply to me so it doesn’t really stick out. I’m not going to leave the WIC item on the shelf and go without something we need
Locked Previous topicNext topic