What do you think about this?

Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:10 pm I saw a post and a meme where it said not to buy any products that you can get with wic unless you have it for at least a few weeks since they just got checks and young babes and children depend on this food. They said that it included everything you could get not just baby food and formula. The sentiment is good but it's just not realistic people are going to buy juice, cheese, milk, baby food, formula, and cereals among other things regardless.
I've seen this meme, or ones like it, more often than I care to count. They are asking people to buy an equivalent product that doesn't have the WIC logo/symbol. WIC doesn't allow substitutes for any reason. If you don't buy everything exactly on the check, you lose out.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I will buy what I want. I'm not going to avoid things because some f**k up can't afford her kid.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

So, only people who use wic should eat fruits or vegetables?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:00 pm I will buy what I want. I'm not going to avoid things because some f**k up can't afford her kid.
You did see 6 million are currently unemployed right? Idk how quickly one can get WIC but some of those may be using benefits.
I went out and bought what I needed. Nevertheless sometimes shit happens to people. I'd rather my taxes go to some mom than our useless congressmen from both parties who have been screwing over the American people for the last four years. If anyone doesn't deserve to be supported its their sorry fat butts.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:00 pm I will buy what I want. I'm not going to avoid things because some f**k up can't afford her kid.
Dang it, you missed the asshole anon 2 spot again. 😬
Anonymous 7

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:48 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:56 pm I won't buy brands that are WIC specific. I'll buy what's not. I assume that's what they mean. But I need eggs and cheese so yes I'm going to buy them.
I've never even seen wic signs for wic items at our stores.
Honestly I think it's eggs, cheese, tuna, milk, etc. I have zero clue though if it's certain brands or sizes though. I needed eggs so bought some.
It's on the pricing tag information right on the shelf in front of the product. It reads WIC APPROVED.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

It's not something that would have even crossed my mind. It's a nice gesture, I guess. Though the sense of entitlement from some people on assistance is unbelievable, but I guess that's true for most groups.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:10 pm I saw a post and a meme where it said not to buy any products that you can get with wic unless you have it for at least a few weeks since they just got checks and young babes and children depend on this food. They said that it included everything you could get not just baby food and formula. The sentiment is good but it's just not realistic people are going to buy juice, cheese, milk, baby food, formula, and cereals among other things regardless.

My understanding is that it's just particular brands of things within a category. Like brand cheese vs. generic. They can only get those specific things and if they're out of stock they get nothing. At least that is how I thought it worked. I haven't known anyone on it for almost 30 years.

I thought it was pretty considerate and a good reminder. I honestly never even thought about it until I saw that post. It's a nice idea and takes 3 seconds to look at the sticker on the shelf to see of it had the notation. I'm trying to be more cognizant.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:54 pm
madfoodie wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:48 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:56 pm I won't buy brands that are WIC specific. I'll buy what's not. I assume that's what they mean. But I need eggs and cheese so yes I'm going to buy them.
I've never even seen wic signs for wic items at our stores.
Honestly I think it's eggs, cheese, tuna, milk, etc. I have zero clue though if it's certain brands or sizes though. I needed eggs so bought some.
It's on the pricing tag information right on the shelf in front of the product. It reads WIC APPROVED.
I'll have to look when I go again.
i want candy!
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe the restrictions on what WIC recepients are allowed to buy should be lifted for now. Restrictions are being temporarily lifted for every other F***ing thing right now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic