At Home Hair Removal

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Has anyone ever used an at home laser or IPL type hair removal machine?
I am looking at them on Amazon.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200402-134038_Amazon Shopping.jpg
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Never used one but my sister gets hers professionally removed by a laser and 100% recommends it. I think it tends to be expensive though.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:52 pm Never used one but my sister gets hers professionally removed by a laser and 100% recommends it. I think it tends to be expensive though.
After looking at these, I started looking into electrology courses.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Nah. I just let my hair grow. I only shave my legs when it's short season or I have to get dressed up and wear a dress and hose and then I only shave from my knees to my ankles. The hair on my thighs is very light and barely noticeable. I do shave under my arms though. The cream depilatories like Veet work pretty well too. But I don't wanna sit around have naked on the edge of the tub waiting for the cream do its thing. So I only tried that once or twice.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Those usually really don’t have enough power to work well. I did laser hair removal a couple of years ago. It’s so cheap now. You can get deals on Groupon for six or so sessions for a couple of hundred bucks. When I checked in to it around 20 years ago, it was more like $250 per session.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 pm Those usually really don’t have enough power to work well. I did laser hair removal a couple of years ago. It’s so cheap now. You can get deals on Groupon for six or so sessions for a couple of hundred bucks. When I checked in to it around 20 years ago, it was more like $250 per session.

Did you do your legs? Any other places? Do you have to shave now? About how much was your total cost and how many sessions did it take you?

Sorry for all the questions! If we ever get out of isolation I might do this.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:55 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:52 pm Those usually really don’t have enough power to work well. I did laser hair removal a couple of years ago. It’s so cheap now. You can get deals on Groupon for six or so sessions for a couple of hundred bucks. When I checked in to it around 20 years ago, it was more like $250 per session.

Did you do your legs? Any other places? Do you have to shave now? About how much was your total cost and how many sessions did it take you?

I only did my face. I’ve always had so much hair that I just shaved my face every day. It works best on darker hair, and not at all on white/grey hair, due to it traveling through the pigment, or some bs like that. lol. I think I ended up doing eight sessions for $250. It got rid of about 80% of the dark hair. Probably about 90% when I had it done, but 80% now. I think she charges like $30 for touch ups, and I’ll get to it eventually. Overall, I’m super happy with the results. I went from daily shaving, to just plucking a few random hairs daily, and waxing with Veet strips maybe once or twice a month. Every so often, she does a special for $1500 for six full body sessions. I think I’m going to do that when she reopens after all this bs.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wax, lazer scares me.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 pm

I only did my face. I’ve always had so much hair that I just shaved my face every day. It works best on darker hair, and not at all on white/grey hair, due to it traveling through the pigment, or some bs like that. lol. I think I ended up doing eight sessions for $250. It got rid of about 80% of the dark hair. Probably about 90% when I had it done, but 80% now. I think she charges like $30 for touch ups, and I’ll get to it eventually. Overall, I’m super happy with the results. I went from daily shaving, to just plucking a few random hairs daily, and waxing with Veet strips maybe once or twice a month. Every so often, she does a special for $1500 for six full body sessions. I think I’m going to do that when she reopens after all this bs.

THANK YOU! Sounds well worth it. And something to treat myself to when we can all be in the outside world again. :)
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:26 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 pm

THANK YOU! Sounds well worth it. And something to treat myself to when we can all be in the outside world again. :)
Definitely check out Groupon when you’re ready. At least in my area, so many aestheticians do really good deals on there.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic