Well, that was easy

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:36 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:30 pm

C***K is a racial slur.
She has not yet been wrong, the only issue is some people deciding they are going to be offended, while others decide not to be.
I didnt use it as a racial slur. I said IF someone had said that chihiro was a ch*nk name, lena would scream racism but apparantly its perfectly okay for her to use a demeaning derogatory name for white people.
If someone were to say that, she would have every right to scream racism. And more. That word has always been deragatory.

She used a term to describe white protestants that was coined by a white Protestant and never meant to be offensive. People just decided to be offended if they didn't like the tone of the person saying it.
We will have to agree to disagree. I think WASP is a demeaning and derogatory name and she shouldnt have used it. You and olilena both come off as a "right fighters and will go down with the ship defending your stance"
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:06 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:36 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm

I didnt use it as a racial slur. I said IF someone had said that chihiro was a ch*nk name, lena would scream racism but apparantly its perfectly okay for her to use a demeaning derogatory name for white people.
If someone were to say that, she would have every right to scream racism. And more. That word has always been deragatory.

She used a term to describe white protestants that was coined by a white Protestant and never meant to be offensive. People just decided to be offended if they didn't like the tone of the person saying it.
We will have to agree to disagree. I think WASP is a demeaning and derogatory name and she shouldnt have used it. You and olilena both come off as a "right fighters and will go down with the ship defending your stance"
I don't mean to be offensive here, but you're not the one deciding if our ships sink or float.
We might disagree, and that's ok.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:06 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:20 am

I didn’t know that. I had to look it up. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has and will have Troy me saying it. Parents who give their children unusual names set that child up for a lifetime of unneeded issues. The child will more than likely go with her middle name. As I already stated, I hope this child is strong.
It’s not that big of deal. I have a very weird name. So weird that if you google my name, you find me, lol, like I am one in the world. In fact, I feel like I should get to pick the meaning of the name based on my life and enter it in baby name books & internet sites, lol.

It has never felt like a hindrance. People mispronounce my DSs’ names sometimes and we all laugh about it. I just don’t see how this causes “unneeded issues”
Now i wanna know if your name is as weird as mine. Google me and theres only 1 of me too.

My boys for "traditional" American/English.
Isn't your name rogueish demon-sired flibbertigibbet? ;) :P
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 pm

It’s not that big of deal. I have a very weird name. So weird that if you google my name, you find me, lol, like I am one in the world. In fact, I feel like I should get to pick the meaning of the name based on my life and enter it in baby name books & internet sites, lol.

It has never felt like a hindrance. People mispronounce my DSs’ names sometimes and we all laugh about it. I just don’t see how this causes “unneeded issues”
Now i wanna know if your name is as weird as mine. Google me and theres only 1 of me too.

Yup. Quite a mouthful isnt it?😂😂
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:46 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Yup. Quite a mouthful isnt it?😂😂
Yep, and most definitely one of a kind, lol. I have one of those names too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic