Baby's last name

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:52 pm He can petition the courts to have it so the baby has his last name. It might or might not work for him.

If I were in your position I wouldn't even put him on the birth certificate.
A father has the right to change a child's last name but only if he is the legal father. He must have legal parental rights and the approval of the child's mother to change his son's or daughter's name.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hyphenate and put him on the birth certificate. My idiot sister in law had a child with drug addicted equal idiot. They were long parted by the time he died when our niece was 3-but because he was on the BC and she had his last name she gets his social security benefits as a surviving child. Just something to think about.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:06 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:52 pm He can petition the courts to have it so the baby has his last name. It might or might not work for him.

If I were in your position I wouldn't even put him on the birth certificate.
A father has the right to change a child's last name but only if he is the legal father. He must have legal parental rights and the approval of the child's mother to change his son's or daughter's name.
He can petition the courts without approval but that doesn't mean that the courts will change the name. That is what my ex did.
Masonmansmommy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

100% your last name with him on the BC
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You will get what you give.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Be an adult and coparent and compromise... This could be HIS only son too so he should also have the right for it to carry his last name. Sucks your father didn't have a boy but that's not your son's fathers fault. I hope he takes it to court and wins.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

If you already know he won't be involved physically or financially then what he wants doesn't matter at all.

Your baby your choice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic