This happened on my FB Group

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A woman's husband is maintenance for a public government building.
Originally furloughed WITH pay and benefits.
Recalled because his second shift doesn't put him in contact with many people (3-4 a night)

This woman is trying to find a way to fight it so he doesn't have to go back to work and STILL get paid.

Thinks they can't tell him one thing one week and another thing the next.
I'm going to be laughing my ass off when he's fired for no show and they can't collect UE.
Lazy people always have a way of coming out on the bottom

I just see a whole lot of money sob stories coming out of this, some true, some that could have been avoided.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe he's lazy maybe scared. I have to work. I don't want to but it is what is is. I'm far from lazy I just don't want my kids exposed.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

In Ontario he would be allowed to refuse to go in without repercussions. We have workers who have said they do not feel safe because of the situation. They will either be laid off or depending on what the government plan entails remain on the payroll with full pay. Your labour laws kind of suck.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My company employs about 25000 people, and it is scary because many work close together. They are allowing anyone who wants to, to stop coming to work without pay, giving paid sick leave, and paying you to be home if you have conditions that make you more at risk. A lot of people are calling for the company to shut down indefinitely but keep paying everyone. I understand people are struggling but that doesn't seem realistic to me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:08 pm My company employs about 25000 people, and it is scary because many work close together. They are allowing anyone who wants to, to stop coming to work without pay, giving paid sick leave, and paying you to be home if you have conditions that make you more at risk. A lot of people are calling for the company to shut down indefinitely but keep paying everyone. I understand people are struggling but that doesn't seem realistic to me.
People think money is magic, let them demand to be paid and when the company goes bankrupt and they have no job to go back to they will blame trump, covid and everyone else but their lazy selves.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Money has been magic to big corp for over a century.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They aren't lazy for not wanting to get sick and still wanting to support their family, as was promised to them.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:07 pm In Ontario he would be allowed to refuse to go in without repercussions. We have workers who have said they do not feel safe because of the situation. They will either be laid off or depending on what the government plan entails remain on the payroll with full pay. Your labour laws kind of suck.
I really wish i could move out of the US.... But i am thankful that my husband's company is understanding... My husband has an autoimmune disease which puts him at risk but he is still working. He worked the early morning shift anyway (4am-12pm) but they have been letting him come in 2 hours early so he is gone before or just after the store opens so he isn't in contact with people. And they told him if ever felt the need to take a leave for his health that his job would be there when this is over. And I'm happy that the company has the ability to decide for itself when it comes to that (i would feel differently if it was the other way around)
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 am They aren't lazy for not wanting to get sick and still wanting to support their family, as was promised to them.
Things change. if you're not adaptable, you're out. There are plenty of people who would take this ones place. I know my neighbor would rather be working than trying to living on what little UE is paying. He's actively looking for jobs. Many are.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 am They aren't lazy for not wanting to get sick and still wanting to support their family, as was promised to them.
Nothing was promised to them. This is an ever changing work environment.
This is a professional job, you must have never had one of those talking about promises and no backsies like it's high school
Locked Previous topicNext topic