I'll be living in a hotel now

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:49 pm
highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:37 pm
Yoloo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:34 pm
People are really this stupid? Hotels are welcoming healthcare workers with open arms
Where I am the hotel staff could refuse to work and there is not a damn thing they could do about it. Here as I said they are staying but no cleaning service
Must be a shitty place.
Yeah making sure your workers and their families are protected makes a shitty place. Sorry we are taking care of each other and not putting others at risk. How would you fell if someone cleaning your room got exposed and died because of it? I guess it’s okay because after all they are just your maids.
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:59 pm
highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:37 pm

Where I am the hotel staff could refuse to work and there is not a damn thing they could do about it. Here as I said they are staying but no cleaning service
Must be a shitty place.
Yeah making sure your workers and their families are protected makes a shitty place. Sorry we are taking care of each other and not putting others at risk. How would you fell if someone cleaning your room got exposed and died because of it? I guess it’s okay because after all they are just your maids.
They take precautions when cleaning any room.... Because anyone could have it.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Must be a shitty place.
Hospital staff know they are high risk and do not want to put another family in danger. People need to have compassion. Plus people are to STAY HOME not in hotels
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:45 pm

Hospital staff know they are high risk and do not want to put another family in danger. People need to have compassion. Plus people are to STAY HOME not in hotels
Please show me where people are discouraging the use of hotels.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:47 pm

What does do not travel stay home mean to you? This is not a vacation.
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:55 pm

Staying in a hotel doesnt have to mean you are traveling.

If they didn't want people stay in hotels why are they considered an essential business? Why are hotels offering free rooms or huge discounts? Do you not realize that for many people a hotel is their home?

Can you post anything official saying that people aren't supposed to stay in hotels?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:23 pm
highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:55 pm

Staying in a hotel doesnt have to mean you are traveling.

If they didn't want people stay in hotels why are they considered an essential business? Why are hotels offering free rooms or huge discounts? Do you not realize that for many people a hotel is their home?

Can you post anything official saying that people aren't supposed to stay in hotels?
Because the hotel industry is expected to collapse https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/h ... 885071001/
and the hoteliers know they'll be able to get through with the stimulus money being doled out by the federal government to prop them up.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

This is a common thing around here right now. Also many are renting cabins and my job is to thoroughly clean and disinfect all these areas. It is a scary time but I need to still work. We take a lot of precautions to stay safe and stop this virus in it's tracks.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have no issue with it so long as the hotel is aware to begin with. My only finger wagging would be at the staff cleaning your room. Honestly it shouldn’t need to be done day to unless (unless a different room each time), and when it is necessary you should be cleaning up after yourself.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:28 pm
highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 pm

They know the situation. I am not a troll. Many people are choosing to do this.
I do not believe a hotel would subject a worker to that and also if the worker was informed would flat out refuse. In other words hotel yes, cleaning of the room no.
Sorry but that is just not the case. Many hotels are even offering discounts for people who are working in healthcare. Its okay if you don't believe me but that doesn't change facts.
They shouldn't be asking their staff to clean or even enter your room. You are capable of asking for cleaning supplies and cleaning your own room. And all rooms service should be left outside your door. You are a healthcare worker so you should know these things and know that spreading this virus to those who are least likely to be able to afford losing wages and paying for healthcare is not okay.
Locked Previous topicNext topic