I'll be living in a hotel now

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm Do the hotel workers a solid and don't let them clean your room while you're staying there. Make your own bed and ask for sheets and towels to be put outside your room and put dirty sheets and towels in separate plastic bag with a note not to handle the sheets directly and to make sure they use bleach.
They want to clean the rooms as much as possible.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:01 pm I got moved to the Covid 19 unit at my work. All my patients were tested positive for it. There is no way I am bringing that home.

I feel a little bad about bringing it to a hotel but oh well. I'm not exposing my kids or my SO. Plus they clean my room for me and I can have room service any time I want. The hotel is also right next to my work so that helps a lot.

I'm still terrified that I'm going to get the Corona virus but at least I know I won't be giving it to my family.
You don't feel that bad if you are willing to contaminate a stranger but not your F***ing snowflake family. People like you deserve to get covid19
Anonymous 1

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:30 pm You need to clean your own room. Your attitude about that and room service anytime you want is disgusting.
How is it disgusting? I'm eat at odd hours because I've been working weird hours. There is nothing wrong with having room service. They have it 24/7
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Uh huh
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm Several hotels in NY city have offered free housing to health care workers to make it easier for them to stay closer to work and give them the option of protecting their families.

https://patch.com/new-york/midtown-nyc/ ... rkers-free
So is Airbnb.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airb ... index.html
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 pm
highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm But it is okay to give it to a unsuspecting hotel worker who can give it to their family. I never call troll but you definitely are one.
They know the situation. I am not a troll. Many people are choosing to do this.
I do not believe a hotel would subject a worker to that and also if the worker was informed would flat out refuse. In other words hotel yes, cleaning of the room no.
People are really this stupid? Hotels are welcoming healthcare workers with open arms
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yoloo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:34 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 pm

They know the situation. I am not a troll. Many people are choosing to do this.
I do not believe a hotel would subject a worker to that and also if the worker was informed would flat out refuse. In other words hotel yes, cleaning of the room no.
People are really this stupid? Hotels are welcoming healthcare workers with open arms
Where I am the hotel staff could refuse to work and there is not a damn thing they could do about it. Here as I said they are staying but no cleaning service
Anonymous 6

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:30 pm You need to clean your own room. Your attitude about that and room service anytime you want is disgusting.
What the heck? What's wrong with that?
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:37 pm
Yoloo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:34 pm

Where I am the hotel staff could refuse to work and there is not a damn thing they could do about it. Here as I said they are staying but no cleaning service
Must be a shitty place.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

You couldn't take living in the tent any longer?
Locked Previous topicNext topic